General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Aero Bars on Road Bike Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-06-13 8:34 PM

Subject: Aero Bars on Road Bike
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I'm wondering what the best aero bars are for a road bike. I'm doing some longer races this year and I'd like to try some out to see how they feel. I've read a little about the profile design jammer and jammer gt and they seem good - just wondering what others think. Thanks

2010-06-14 5:04 AM
in reply to: #2919113

User image

Champion
Sarasota, FL
Subject: RE: Aero Bars on Road Bike

From my personal exerience I like my Profile Design clip-on Carbon Strykes, mostly because of their adjustability.  I have a long torso, but short arms and most fixed-length bars stretched me out too much.

I had the fitter at my LBS help me set up the bars, looking for a set up where I would be comfortable both on the brake hoods and the aerobars.  He fine-tuned the adjustment of the fore-aft position and height of the seat while I did some runs on the CompuTrainer in the shop to confirm the set was working ok.  He also adjusted my cleat position once we had the seat dialed in.

Although I spend most of my time riding on the aerobars, I like having the option of changing positions and riding on the hoods or the drop bars, especially on long rides. 

Mark 

2010-06-14 10:07 AM

User image

Master
Lafayette, IN
I have Jammers on my road bike right  now.  I like them except due to the sharp angle of the bar, my hands feel "jambed" up and so I don't spend much time in them before I end up in the drops.

I have purchased a set of PD T1's on the suggestion of my bike fitter.  He thinks these are good for a road bike and the gentler sweep of the bar should eliminate the effect I have with my Jammers.  I am going to have him help me set them up though.
2010-06-14 12:33 PM
in reply to: #2920054

User image

Regular
Marlboro, NJ
Gregkl - 2010-06-14 11:07 AM I have Jammers on my road bike right  now.  I like them except due to the sharp angle of the bar, my hands feel "jambed" up and so I don't spend much time in them before I end up in the drops.

I have purchased a set of PD T1's on the suggestion of my bike fitter.  He thinks these are good for a road bike and the gentler sweep of the bar should eliminate the effect I have with my Jammers.  I am going to have him help me set them up though.

I put the T1's on my road bike with the help of my LBS (they to recommended them) and I have found them very comfortable for my 2hr+ rides. We adjusted my seat and pedal clips once we found the ideal position. I would recommend checking not only them but the Profile Design website for their other bars.

Edited by bk broiler 2010-06-14 12:34 PM
2010-06-16 9:44 PM

User image

I just installed the Profile Design T2+ on my road bike and went out for a ride this afternoon. I really liked them alot.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Aero Bars on Road Bike Rss Feed