General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Timing tags on Vibrams Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-06-14 9:09 AM

User image

Atlanta (BUTThead)
Subject: Timing tags on Vibrams
I'm doing the Peachtree Road Race this year and want to run it in my Vibram KSOs.  Looking at the shoe I forgot about the I think they are called "D-tags" (the little orange ones).  Has anybody ran a timed race in the Vibrams?  If so how did you attach the Vibram.  I figure if push comes to shove I can just carry my tag, put it down towards the start line then do the same for the finish.

2010-06-14 9:44 AM
in reply to: #2919831

User image

Extreme Veteran
Falls Church, VA
Subject: RE: Timing tags on Vibrams
Yes I've done a d-tag timed race in my kso's.  I just looped it around the velcro strap that the kso's have.  If I had the clssics or any other vff without said velco strap I would have used my neoprene ankle strap I use in my tri's and just looped the d-tag around that.
2010-06-14 10:36 AM

Extreme Veteran
Minneapolis
Get the ankle version of RoadID.  RoadID is a great thing to have no matter what (training or racing), and the ankle version doubles as a timing chip strap - works like a champ.

Cheers, Chris
2010-06-14 8:19 PM

Veteran

I used a regular triathlon chip strap at the Peachtree last year, I was running barefoot not in Vibrams.  I wore it just like in a triathlon on my ankle, it was up a little higher than how the D-tag sits on a shoe but my time registered ok. I suppose it would work the same in Vibrams.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Timing tags on Vibrams Rss Feed