MultiRace / Publix FWW
80F / 27C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 03m 29s
Overall Rank = 107/248
Age Group = Female 45-49
Age Group Rank = 3/11
Pre-race routine:

The Tradewinds Triathlon is part of the 2010 MultiRace / Publix FFW Triathlon Series....and...

Photobucket and Photobucket

This Event took place in the well known "Tradewinds Park" locate in Coconut Creek, Florida...the Butterfly Capital of the World...last June 5th...holding a Triathlon and Duathlon at the same time...with 248 triathletes...and...75 duathletes...

This a great Event for everybody...but...very special venue for beginners...everything is inside this Park...that means...not car traffic...but...for many of us that have raced here for years...It's a very fast course...with some serious curves and turns...I love it....!!!!

Thursday June 3rd:
Had my last run before Race...and...We (Buddy and me) had one of our usual favorite Carbo Load Dinner: Garlic seasoned Pasta with Shrimp, Broccoli, Carrots and Corn...Yummmmmmmmmmmy....!!!!

Friday June 4th:
Had my last swimming session before Race...

Washed/waxed/lubed/tuned bike....prepared/packed all my Race Stuff...and...prepared beverages for Race...

Had an early dinner: grilled salmon, brown rice and steams veggies...

Loaded bikes and Tri-bags in our SUV...and...went to bed at 8:30 pm...ZZZzzz

Unfortunate...We couldn't sleep well....Buddy woke-up at midnight...he was not feeling Ok...up-set tummy...and....he throw up...and...kept me awake...Yikes...!!!

Saturday June 5th:

Got-up at 4 am...got dressed...took Mariah our dog out...and...took our usual Pre-Race breakfast: OJ for both...my Super-Soy Protein Shake (chocolate) for me...and...one waffle with PB and coffee for Buddy...and...our usual package of Multi-Vitamins and Minerals, Amino 1500 and Glucosamine...

Took our coolers with beverags and left form home around 4:35 am...

It took us around 1 hour 10 minutes to get to Tradewinds Park...but...first stopped at the Pompano Beach Service Plaza for a techinical stop to avoid the long lines at the Restrooms...LOL

We got inside the Park very fast cuz they were not charging the entry fee to the participants...Nice...!!!

Parked car very close to Transition Area...took our bikes and all our Race Stuff and went directly to get our Race Packages and timing chip...We got a nice backpack, a tech t-shirt...the usual goodies...and...

Buddy got the Bid# 114 / Orange Swimming Cap and for me...the Bid# 104 / Pinky Swimming Cap....Awwwwwwwwwwwwww...!!! Horror...I hate this color...LOL

2010 Tradewinds Traithlon

Got bodymarked...and...went to Trasnsition...racked bike in my respective rack...and...did set-up my Race stuff like usual:

Helmet over seat...a green towel in front of my bike...and over...my biking/running shoes...and next to them...a bottle of frozen water...my hat and inisde wrapped my belt with Bid#....and...sunglasses over biking shoes...

Placed my Tri-bag and cooler out of the rack area next to the fence...and...sat over my cooler...relaxed...closed eyes...did my usual Race's visualization...and...took one gel and 2 Endurolytes with water and a mix of Cytomax/AminoVital (Citrus)...

Put my timing chip on my left ankle, my compressed ankle brace in my right ankle and took my googles, swimming cap, wax ear-plugs and headed to the Swimming Area...Here a nice view of the lake befroe the Race from the Swim Exit...

2010 Tradewinds Triathlon
Event warmup:

Just at the Swimming Area...put my wax ear-plugs, swimming cap and googles...did some arms and legs stretchings...and...jumped into the water...swam amybe 100 mts. and came back to shore to meet with Buddy and some friends...

Here before Race...

The Race started in time like usual...at 7:00 am with the Duathlon in mass and the first Wave...the Pro-Elite (Male & Female) and Physical Challenge...and the rest of the Waves every 5 minutes....

There were only 4 Waves...and...Buddy was in the Wave#3 (Male 40+ (AG and Clydesdales)) at 7:10 am and my Wave was the last one (All Female) at 7:15 am...
Swim
  • 10m 1s
  • 400 meters
  • 02m 30s / 100 meters
Comments:

Heer the Swimming Course:
Swimming Course

Note: The run from the Swimming Exit to Transition Area was included in the swimming time...

The Swimming was from one point to the other side of the lake...

Just when they gave us green light to start...I jumped into the water and started to swim with an nice constante stroke...without any incident...I really took it.easy...I was just coming from an ankle injury...and...I still was not able to kick as usual...

Here a view of our Wave approching to the Swim Exit...

2010 Tradewinds Triathlon 2010 Tradewinds Triathlon

Just when my fingers touched the sand at shore...I got up...and..run as fast I could to the Swim Exit Arch and Transition...removing my googles, swimming cap and wax ear-plugs at the same time...and...put them inisde the cap...
What would you do differently?:

Anything....I was expecting this slow swimming time...
Transition 1
  • 00m 54s
Comments:

A fast transtion as usual....I was teh fastest in my AG...and...63th Overall / 248 participants...not bad...!!!!

Put sunglasses, helmet and biking shoes all at the same time...took bike...and..ran as fast I could out of Transition...

Practice and practice...
Bike
  • 30m 14s
  • 10 miles
  • 19.85 mile/hr
Comments:

Here the Bike Course:
Bike Course

The Bike Course consists in 2 laps...

Just in the mount area...jumped on my bike and cranked very hard as usual...I knew that I have to recover my time after my slow swimming and my bike is one of my strengh beside the run...

Started to pass tons and tons of people even I had to deal with some bike traffic...I knew that I was doing great...I was keeping an average at 20 mph and more...Yes...!!!

Got at the desmount area and did it as usual like the Pro/Elites...but keeping shoes on and jumped off the bike and ran to Transition Area...

Continued with my trainings...even in windy conditions...I know they are paying off in my Races...
Transition 2
  • 00m 45s
Comments:

Other fast transition even I was the 3rd fastest in my AG and 55th Overall / 248 participants...

Ran as fast I could to my rack area..racked bike....changed shoes...took hat and bottle of water and ran fast out of Transition...

In my way out of Transition I noticed that I was still with my helmet...took it and dumped it in the water station out of Transition...LOL

Practice and practice...
Run
  • 21m 36s
  • 2.5 miles
  • 08m 38s  min/mile
Comments:

Here is the Run Course:
Run Course

Just out of Transition after dumped my helmet at the water station....running not too fast and not too slow with a constante pace...put my hat and belt iwth Bid#...drank some water and tossed over my head and neck....and started to increase my speed but not too much...cuz...my ankle...and...still managed a great pace passing tons of people...included my poor Buddy...that was not feeling Ok...

I only knew that my girlfriends Marylou and Julie were in front of me...and...only one women of my AG passed me just before the mile 2...but...just after the water station at the mile 2...I reached/passed Julie...I came as usual very quite behind her...and...surprised her...and...told her "We should pass the Finis Line together"...and...she said to me " Oh yes..right..." LOL

Here when I was passing her...I tryed to grab her hand to pull her but she couldn't keep it up with me...It was too funny...LOL and...after the Race we were joking about it...LOL

After this point I started to sprint the best I could till the Finish Line...

Here approching to the Finish Line...

And here passing the Finish Line...

Continue with my trainings...I know that I could do better cuz my best time here in this course has been 18m52s and usually I'm in 19m...but...even the circunstances and limitations...I did it great...!!!

Post race
Warm down:

Just after I passed the Finish Line...a volunteer gave to me a bottle of water and I took other one...to toss over my head and neck...It was a hot morning...and my face was red like a tomatoe and my head was burning...overheated...LOL

Then went to the line at the table to give my timing chip...BTW...I didn't lose it...LOL...and...to receive my receip with my split times...and...went directly to the lake and jumped into it...Ahhhh...It was nice and very refreshing....

Went to Transtion Area...collected/packed all my Race Stuff till Buddy came and We took our bikes and all our Stuff to the car...

Went to check Results...finding that I got 3rd place in my AG...and...my Buddy got 6th in his AG...WooooooHoooooo...not bad even the circunstances....Good Job Babu...!!!

Total Time: 1h 03m 29s

AG Female 45-49: 3rd / 11 We were 12 women but my girlfriend Marylou was awarded 1st Female Master Overall....Congrats Marylou...!!!

Female Overall: 23rd / 92 women

Overall: 107th / 248 participants

Here after the Race before the Award Ceremony...

Here with my good girlfriend Suzy...

And the Super-Fantastics...Marylou, me and Julie...or...well known as fastest, faster and fast...LOL

And here in the Award Ceremony...

And the pretty Butterfly Medal...

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Do I have to explain this again??? LOL

I know I could do it better....but...even the circunstances...I could manage to get Podium....No PR this time...my best time in this course has been 1h 00m 14s....

Event comments:

Excellent Event as usual... on time...very well organized...a lot of great volunteers...plenty of water stations...and...the best Post-Race activities and Food...

Last updated: 2010-05-03 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:10:01 | 400 meters | 02m 30s / 100meters
Age Group: 6/11
Overall: 180/248
Performance: Below average
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 80F / 27C Current:
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Average
Waves: Average Navigation: Good
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:54
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed: Good
Biking
00:30:14 | 10 miles | 19.85 mile/hr
Age Group: 3/11
Overall: 117/248
Performance: Good
Wind: Some
Course:
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills:
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:45
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:21:36 | 02.5 miles | 08m 38s  min/mile
Age Group: 4/11
Overall: 97/248
Performance: Below average
Course:
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2010-06-14 12:23 PM

User image

Master
The Redlands, FL
Subject: Tradewinds Triathlon

2010-06-14 4:20 PM
in reply to: #2920472

User image

Master
Boynton Beach, FL
Subject: RE: Tradewinds Triathlon
Great race!   I have been missing the local races so far this year with injuries etc, but look forward to doing relay on July 4th.    Can definately tell your training is paying off! 
2010-06-17 12:35 PM

User image

Veteran
Chicago
Nice Job as usual VELO!!! As always, a wonderful race report, seems like I was right there with you!. Hope your ankle gets better soon!!
2010-06-17 2:19 PM

User image

Champion
New York, NY
another blazingly fast race...I like this one - shorter than short!!! too bad it is so far away!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Tradewinds Triathlon Rss Feed