General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Athena Clothing question Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-06-17 11:20 AM

Regular
New York
Subject: Athena Clothing question
My first tri is in about 6 weeks, and I'm starting to get obsessed with everything, but mostly now I'm trying to find a good tri top and shorts to feel comfortable in on race day.

The issue: The majority of my weight (that makes it difficult to buy clothes) is concentrated in my chest region, so with normal clothes I often find that if something fits there, it's loose on the rest of my torso, or it fits my torso but doesn't even come close to covering my chest. With all of the athletic gear I've bought, it's sorta stretchy, so the problem translates to tops being too short. Does anyone have a suggestion on tops or shorts? Or a single piece if that would be better?

Any advice helps! Thanks!

2010-06-20 5:52 PM
in reply to: #2927989

User image

Subject: RE: Athena Clothing question
I've purchased some great tri-wear/workout wear at both Junonia and aerotech. The aerotech padded bike shorts are GREAT and affordable. I just ordered a tri suit from Junonia and it should get to me this week, just in time to test it out before my first tri. I really like the Junonia tri-tops I've gotten, though they are a bit pricey.

And for what it's worth - I love, love, love the Moving Comfort Maia sports bra. It's an underwire that is comfortable and keeps the girls from injuring anyone - including me!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Athena Clothing question Rss Feed