Viking Biking Club
80F / 27C
Sunny
Total Time = 5h 30m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Heather and I drove up the night before and witnessed some funky weather. double rainbows/lightening/sunset/rain - packet pick up and hotel check in. Got to bed about 10pm and it still didn't really hit me what i was about to do. I think i was annoying heather with all my negative self-talk - but then i snapped out of it. I needed to get my mind where it was needed - focused. I had already decided weeks ago to drop down to the 100k. baked potatoes at home for dinner....
Event warmup:

lots of Blue mOund park construction/cars/bikes everywhere. We didn't do the mass start at 7am - began about 6:30am in a laid-back fashion.
Bike
  • 00m
  • 62 miles
  • 0.00 mile/hr
What would you do differently?:

train harder...not get a job ha.
Post race
Warm down:

Drank my recoverite, choc. milk, goulash, burger, beer, ice cream. So happy to have food. Kind of threw my bike and cried at the end..i didn't walk up the last hill but so wanted to. Toughest thing i've even seen...after the 2 mile climb previously.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

my weight and overall fitness

Event comments:

Bought my viking jersey and it's official - i finished. My forearms are very sore from braking down the hills - i got more comfortable with that as the ride continued. Legs are not too sore actually. The route was amazing...hard , beautiful....hills are legendary.

Last updated: 2010-01-16 12:00 AM
Biking
00:00:00 | 62 miles | 0.00 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Wind: Some
Course: What is there to say? We decided to add another 'H' Hellish. Hills like i've never experienced...mile long climbs were relentless. yet, at the top the view was spectacular..lush colors/brilliant sunshine....nice breezes. The decents were the scariest things of my life; i said the lives of my children flashed through my mind a few times. The rest stops were amazing!! Bages, blueberries, hard-=boiled eggs, combos, etc...people just hanging out...awesome. My tire flatted after the 1st rest stop...luckily sagg -wagon guy was right there! yes!! helped me change it and move on. i was up out of the saddle a bit up some climbs.... 8 salt tabs, tylenol, 5 gels, pb and j bagel, bananas, gatorade, accelerade. No stomach issues thank goodness- i was sweating like crazy. Kind of fun to see the pure cyclists and what they are capable of. pelatons passing in a WHOOSH 3 inches from me...terrified down the hills yet someone blazing by with their ass in the air - seriously death-defying.
Road: Smooth  Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills: Good
Race pace: Drinks: Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Too hard
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2010-06-21 8:09 AM

User image

Subject: Horribly Hilly Hundreds 200K

2010-06-24 9:27 AM
in reply to: #2933592

User image

Master
Waukesha, WI
Subject: RE: Horribly Hilly Hundreds 200K
Way to go out there.  I really don't think I could survive that....mile long climbs....no thanks.  I also think I would've worn out my brake pads with your description of the descents....YIKES!  You are amazing.
2010-06-24 9:57 PM

User image

Champion
Whizzzzzlandia
Silver member
Tough ride isn't it??? Nice job! 
2010-06-25 7:16 PM
in reply to: #2942857

User image

Master
Chicago
Woo Hoo... killer ride - great job!
2010-06-26 6:49 AM

User image

Veteran
Holy smokes - that just sounds like a day of pure insanity! Huge congrats on finishing!!! 
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Horribly Hilly Hundreds 200K Rss Feed