Canadian Triathlon Forum Alberta » Canmore Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2010-06-26 2:49 PM

New user

Subject: Canmore Triathlon : Official Thread
The race is next weekend.  Anyone been in the Quarry Lake where the swim takes place or know what the temperature of the water is right now?

2010-06-28 11:00 AM
in reply to: #2945584

Regular
Subject: RE: Canmore Triathlon : Official Thread
I raced this event last year.

It's organized well and has the best post-race spread I've been treated to in any race I've done.

Quarry Lake is tiny, so I suspect the water temp will be warm because of the good weather we've had the last while here.  I thought there was this smell to the water though that was kind of a turn off.  Plus, the swim is confusing where you swim 2.5 laps.  I had no problems, but I have a buddy that we're still not sure if he swam it correctly.

The bike was a 4-looper, I think, with a hill at either end of the loop. 

The run was two 5k loops that is very, very hilly.  Even the downhills were hard because it was such a steep grade to run down.

I'm not sure I'd do the event again, to be honest.  Maybe if it hosts provincials again at some point, but I feel the course would be way better if the bike and run course were different.
2010-06-29 6:39 PM
in reply to: #2945584

New user

Subject: RE: Canmore Triathlon : Official Thread
Cheers.  Thanks for the info.  Sounds like I'll be getting a big hill workout this weekend!
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Alberta » Canmore Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed