General Discussion Triathlon Talk » No KONA or CLEARWATER Clyde/Ath Slots? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-06-29 12:02 PM

User image

New user

Subject: No KONA or CLEARWATER Clyde/Ath Slots?
Why don't they offer these? Not that I am worthy of that level of competition, but it doesn't make sense to put the clyde/athena slots in all the 'regular' events and not race for a clyde/athena championship. What gives?

2010-06-29 10:54 PM
in reply to: #2950805

User image

Subject: RE: No KONA or CLEARWATER Clyde/Ath Slots?
be the first!
2010-06-29 11:05 PM

User image

On your right
They don't have Clyde/Athena in the championships because they only give slots to the top AG people.  Since Clydes/Athenas race out of an AG, and just by "weight" they aren't included in the championships.

That being said, you can get a lottery spot, or buy a charity spot.
2010-06-30 10:06 AM

New user
USAT and WTC do not recognize the groups.  C/A groups are a nice addition the Race Directors add at certain races to help us big people out.  When it comes to Clearwater and Kona, I support the fastest, no mater size, get the slots.  If you can do it as a C or A, congrats.  Triathlons are competitions, and certain people have a genetic advantage, but that is the way it is.  When it comes to the World Championships, there are winners and loosers, and some of us have to accept we are not at that level, and might never be because of our size. 

In college I was a thrower.  If a 150lb distance runner wanted to throw the discuss against me, go ahead.  If he said he wanted a special catagory so he could go to Nationals.  I would tell him to go F himself.  They weren't making special catagories for us 230 pluse guys to make it in the 5000.

I like that the catagory exist for local races.  I get tired of racing against guys as big as my leg.  I even beat some of them.  But, the Worlds are the Worlds, "if your not first your last"
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » No KONA or CLEARWATER Clyde/Ath Slots? Rss Feed