Other Resources My Cup of Joe » NBA Free Agency Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 5

2010-06-30 3:01 PM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN
Subject: NBA Free Agency
LBJ, Chris Bosh and Dwade are obviously the biggest names in the free agent mkt. Hen would come Amare, Johnson and Dirk and Pierce. So where do they go??

My predictions:

LeBron stays in Cleveland
Bosh goes to Miami with D Wade

and nobody really cares to much about the others...

Besides, I do not think having 3 stars on the team would really work. Who gets the ball in crunch time? LeBron or Dwade??

2010-06-30 3:14 PM
in reply to: #2953963

User image

Champion
the colony texas
Subject: RE: NBA Free Agency
I'm a huge NBA fan and I've been reading a lot of theories out there..

Just think Melo had the opportunity to be a free agent this year also, I remember back when he/bron/wade signed their current ext. Bron/Wade went for one year shorter due to the bargining agreement ending, which turns out to be a great move.

I think Bosh will go where ever Lebron goes.

Wade will stay put,, he's been lobbying for others to join him,  Most likey Amare, which no team should give him a max contract but will.

Dirk stays in dallas, possible joined by Joe Johnson,
Broozer and Johnson to net's or Knicks is a strong possiblity also
David Lee jumps to the Suns or a better fit would be the jazz since Sloan loves players like him

I think Lebron will end up back in Cleveland but I"m not sure  I really doubt he ends up in Miami but that is the big rumor today, the Heat don't have the cap for all three, since they need other players.. Plus the Lakers tried the all- star route with Shaq, Kobe, Karl Malone, Gary Payton,, and that didnt' work out. 

But then I think of Lebron more of a Dr J type player,, someone that makes you go WOW!!  but he can't lead a team on his own as the true MJ type alpha.  So he definately needs another top player
2010-06-30 3:27 PM

User image

Master
Boynton Beach, FL
My finger has been on the trigger for Heat Season tickets all week.   Big $$$, but the possabilty of those 3 coming together will double my investment (IMHO anyway)...    The homer crowd down here in South Florida is non-stop discussion of Bosh and James coming to town.   

D Wade doesn't need 4 other all-stars aroudn him but 2 would be IDEAL...   Look what he did with Shaq who was already slowing down although I was pleased with his play and so were the fans.   Decent support cast with Gary payton, Antoin Walker, Jason Williams and James Posey, but they are good support guys at that point in theri careers at best.  

Season tickets sounding even better right now...

2010-06-30 3:33 PM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN
latest rumors I read was that Bosh goes to Miami with Wade. LBJ stays. Joe JOhnson and Amare go to the KNicks, and Dirk stays in Dallas.

Wouldn't it be sad if Pierce somehow signed with the Lakers???

I wish my Memphis Grizzilies would make a move!  PLEASE! I am tired of them advertising the other teams coming to town and not the home team!
2010-06-30 3:36 PM
in reply to: #2954070

User image

jford2309 - 2010-06-30 1:33 PM latest rumors I read was that Bosh goes to Miami with Wade. LBJ stays. Joe JOhnson and Amare go to the KNicks, and Dirk stays in Dallas.

I wish my Memphis Grizzilies would make a move!  PLEASE! I am tired of them advertising the other teams coming to town and not the home team!

please no!
2010-06-30 3:58 PM
in reply to: #2954079

User image

Champion
the colony texas
ChrisM - 2010-06-30 3:36 PM
jford2309 - 2010-06-30 1:33 PM latest rumors I read was that Bosh goes to Miami with Wade. LBJ stays. Joe JOhnson and Amare go to the KNicks, and Dirk stays in Dallas.

please no!

I think if he goes back home to the LA area it will be with the Clippers,,, they will max him out allowing him to slide into the vetern elderstates man for the young guys, and be a positive influence on Davis? {can't think of his name, ex golden state, nice beard}

2010-06-30 4:57 PM

User image

Regular
As a die hard Cleveland sports fan, its killing me. I think it's a two horse race between Chicago and Cleveland.
2010-06-30 6:07 PM
in reply to: #2954322

User image

Champion
the colony texas
Its Only Money - 2010-06-30 4:57 PM As a die hard Cleveland sports fan, its killing me. I think it's a two horse race between Chicago and Cleveland.

I heard the rumor that when lebron wanted even one wearing 23 to stop and have the leauge retire it, it was that he knew he was heading to Chicago and wouldn't get to wear 23 anyway.

But the thing that makes me think Chicago is a no go, is that Lebron is more interested in an owner that wants to win and is willing to spend for it, the owner in Chicago is know as a difficult one to play for  and

the guy is quite loyal,, this all might be since he was never courted for college ball and just wants to feel wanted for a bit or to test the waters of backlash for leaving Cleveland, since outside of the Big C,, it's not very negative if he leaves.  I was living there when Model left and it was insane the amount of hatred, so I could see him wanted to see if he would really feel the wrath
2010-06-30 6:51 PM

User image

I don't know what's going to happen, but I'll be very dissapointed if everyone stays where they are.

Bosh is going to team up with someone.  I think Wade stays in Miami because that's where he's loved.  I don't think many other teams want to give him a max deal.  I just don't think he's durable enough to be as awesome as he's been for the next 5 years.

I would love to see Lebron go to Chicago...but not with Bosh.  They need someone that doesn't demand the ball.  Sort of like a younger version of rasheed wallace.  And fill the 2 spot with someone like Kyle Kourver who can just camp at the 3 point line.  Lebron would make Noah look like a 10 time all star.  Just like he made Varejao look like a real NBA starter.

2010-06-30 11:13 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Houston, Texas
It is on!

Sleeper free agent: Rudy Gay. Kid is the most underrated player on the market. He would pair greatly with LeBron.

I see:
NY landing Joe Johnson. NJ landing a big player. Chicago being a top 3 team when this is over. Miami re-signing Wade and one of the big paint players. Boston re-signing Pierce and another good free agent. Suns in the lottery next draft. Denver trades Melo.
2010-07-01 12:30 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Melbourne
Phoenix fan and am resigned to losing Amare, won't lose sleep over it if it happens.

Hoping we can sign David Lee, think it will be another player to reach new heights from being able to play with Nash, even if only for a year or 2.  Nowitzki would be handy as well to fill any post Amare hole if he is serious about leaving Dallas.

2010-07-01 9:06 AM
in reply to: #2954975

User image

Champion
the colony texas
Lebron Commits to

The Dallas Cowboys..

I like Jerry's money the best Lebron was heard to say
2010-07-01 9:56 AM
in reply to: #2954008

User image

Master
Gaarryy - 2010-06-30 4:14 PM

But then I think of Lebron more of a Dr J type player,, someone that makes you go WOW!!  but he can't lead a team on his own as the true MJ type alpha.  So he definately needs another top player

did you read that bill simmons column, too?

i only care about any of this to the extent that it will impact my fantasy basketball league. i couldn't tell you which teams were good, but i'd know whether javale mcgee or ronny turiaf is a good late-season pickup for FG%.

but here's what i'm wondering. why doesn't lebron james say, "you know what? i want a ring. so i'll take the league minimum since i'm earning more in endorsements anyway, and you all go out and use that cap room to bring in what it takes to get it done." is it just the ego of wanting to be paid X dollars? fear of pulling an MC Hammer? an agent that would never let that happen in a million years?
2010-07-01 10:23 AM
in reply to: #2955658

User image

Champion
the colony texas
jimbo - 2010-07-01 9:56 AM
Gaarryy - 2010-06-30 4:14 PM But then I think of Lebron more of a Dr J type player,, someone that makes you go WOW!!  but he can't lead a team on his own as the true MJ type alpha.  So he definately needs another top player
did you read that bill simmons column, too? i only care about any of this to the extent that it will impact my fantasy basketball league. i couldn't tell you which teams were good, but i'd know whether javale mcgee or ronny turiaf is a good late-season pickup for FG%. but here's what i'm wondering. why doesn't lebron james say, "you know what? i want a ring. so i'll take the league minimum since i'm earning more in endorsements anyway, and you all go out and use that cap room to bring in what it takes to get it done." is it just the ego of wanting to be paid X dollars? fear of pulling an MC Hammer? aka Antonio Walker an agent that would never let that happen in a million years?

Yes .  I Read Simmons stuff a lot, and once I read that it really made sense for me,,I had a season ticket package to the mavs last year, and have seen him play live a few times. I was amazed how his game was either a 3 pointer or just put his head down and drive, no mid range game. No post moves, nothing,, I was really shocked, but he keeps you on the edge of your seat because the potential for something great to happen is there. 

Players usually do the whole leauge minimum for a ring as their career is winding down, It would be huge for a league MVP to say I'll take the least to put a team around me.  Then again, it' wasn't till MJ's last couple of years in the league that he was highly paid, so it's not unheard of. 

I used to live in Cleveland so I understand the downtroden sports feelings that something bad will happen. I really hope he stays there, but think he is testing the water to see if the town will treat him like Art Model when he pulled the browns out.. that was crazy times  
2010-07-01 10:30 AM

User image

Expert
Frisco

dirk and joe to dallas.

lebron stays

bosh stays

boozer to miami

stody goes to cleveland.

2010-07-01 10:34 AM

User image

Veteran
Arden Hills, MN
I used to watch the NBA a lot but since we no longer have an NBA franchise in Minnesota it's hard to stay interested! 

2010-07-01 10:52 AM

User image

Expert
Frisco
db see the link below...too much run, bike, swim for you.

www.nba.com/timberwolves.com/

2010-07-01 11:21 AM
in reply to: #2955850

User image

Veteran
Arden Hills, MN
Boogie7247 - 2010-07-01 10:52 AM db see the link below...too much run, bike, swim for you.

www.nba.com/timberwolves.com/

Yeah - I should have put my text in pink.  I know we have a team but considering how completely sucktacular they are...they're not REALLY an NBA team...

2010-07-01 11:26 AM

User image

Expert
Frisco
oh...I gotcha db. you are committing a sin!!!
2010-07-01 11:41 AM
in reply to: #2954447

User image

Veteran
Oak Park, IL
Gaarryy - 2010-06-30 6:07 PM
Its Only Money - 2010-06-30 4:57 PM As a die hard Cleveland sports fan, its killing me. I think it's a two horse race between Chicago and Cleveland.

I heard the rumor that when lebron wanted even one wearing 23 to stop and have the leauge retire it, it was that he knew he was heading to Chicago and wouldn't get to wear 23 anyway.

But the thing that makes me think Chicago is a no go, is that Lebron is more interested in an owner that wants to win and is willing to spend for it, the owner in Chicago is know as a difficult one to play for  and

the guy is quite loyal,, this all might be since he was never courted for college ball and just wants to feel wanted for a bit or to test the waters of backlash for leaving Cleveland, since outside of the Big C,, it's not very negative if he leaves.  I was living there when Model left and it was insane the amount of hatred, so I could see him wanted to see if he would really feel the wrath

I don't think this is true.  Sure, he isn't known as a huge spender but he has already said he would go over the cap and pay the luxury tax if he had a team with a shot at a title.  I mean... there's just no way they would not re-up Derrick Rose!

And as far as an owner that is interested in winning... well... 6 Bulls championships in the 90's and a World Series in 05' for the White Sox...  Kinda speaks for itself doesn't it? 
2010-07-01 11:57 AM
in reply to: #2955975

User image

Champion
the colony texas
jeebus2 - 2010-07-01 11:41 AM

I don't think this is true.  Sure, he isn't known as a huge spender but he has already said he would go over the cap and pay the luxury tax if he had a team with a shot at a title.  I mean... there's just no way they would not re-up Derrick Rose!

And as far as an owner that is interested in winning... well... 6 Bulls championships in the 90's and a World Series in 05' for the White Sox...  Kinda speaks for itself doesn't it? 

Not when you add in what the players, and coaches said... Many hated the owner, thought he was an idiot, and vowed to never work for him again, Saying the owner was in any way responsible for the Bulls championship runs is like me claiming I helped the sun rise in the east this morning

2010-07-01 12:18 PM
in reply to: #2956026

User image

Veteran
Oak Park, IL
Gaarryy - 2010-07-01 11:57 AM
jeebus2 - 2010-07-01 11:41 AM

And as far as an owner that is interested in winning... well... 6 Bulls championships in the 90's and a World Series in 05' for the White Sox...  Kinda speaks for itself doesn't it? 

Not when you add in what the players, and coaches said... Many hated the owner, thought he was an idiot, and vowed to never work for him again, Saying the owner was in any way responsible for the Bulls championship runs is like me claiming I helped the sun rise in the east this morning

Many hated Jerry Krause, the General Manager of those 90's teams.  

I would like to point out a couple examples that would support my argument.

-Randy Brown, the 11th man on most of those Bulls teams found himself broke recently.  So broke he had to sell his championship rings to pay his debts.  Jerry Reinsdorf not only offered him a job within the organization, he bought his rings back for him.

-Eight months after Jay Williams crashed his motorcycle, violating his contract the Bulls wrote him a 3 million dollar check.  They also kept him on their insurance throughout all of his surgeries.  They didn't owe him anything.  

These issues came up after Dwayne Wade questioned the Bulls' loyalty.

I mean... He (D Wade) referred to MJ not being a part of the organization anymore...  MJ wanted to be an owner.  I would love to have Michael still be a part of the Bulls' organization but I don't blame Jerry Reinsdorf for not making him part owner.
2010-07-01 1:55 PM

User image

Expert
Frisco
Breaking news...gay to the grizz's 6 year 100 mil.
2010-07-02 8:10 AM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

Memphis paper reports that Rudy Gay signs for 5yrs at $82 mill.

$13.3 million the first year. That's alot of cash for a 23 yr old kid who has never won a playoff game or made it to an All Star Game.

Game on Rudy Gay!

2010-07-02 9:22 AM

User image

Champion
Nashville, TN
Talk in ATL is they offered Johnson the max to stay and he agreed.  Rumored to be a done deal by the end of the weekend.

Can't say that I think it was the smartest move for the Hawks. 
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » NBA Free Agency Rss Feed  

of 5