Atlanta Track Club
90F / 32C
Sunny
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = 23234/50965
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

shows up didnt get to hydrate as much as i wanted to. We were walking around to get kelsey a number and decided to go to the store to get food. on the way to publix we walked through a group on their way to the starting line and stayed with it. We started about 10 groups too early. I hadnt had much to drink at all and im big on hydration.
Run
  • 1h 09m 28s
  • 6.2 miles
  • 11m 12s  min/mile
Comments:

got hard after the hill didnt know the course all that well so i pushed hard over the big hill thinking it would be it. tried to make up for lack of early hydration by drinking on the course, had a hard time drinking out of the cups water just splashed all over the place.
What would you do differently?:

HYDRATE more early, like i do everyday before training. I also slept maybe 2 hours i thinking that was from being sick i wasnt nervous i know i can do the distance. I matched the time i had done a week earlier but the temp for the 1st run was hotter and more humid. gonna blame developing the flu on the poor time. I should have had a timer, my watch was broke. I know my first 5k was fast.
Post race
Warm down:

none lots of walking to get anywhere anyway

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Hydration, knowledge of course, couldnt zone out because i had to be very aware of people. Felt my mental ability faulter towards the end, i think that is getting me more than anything.

Event comments:

volunteers were great, lots of cheering on the side of the road. Plenty of water. Lots of post race snacks and drinks. Overall a good time.

Last updated: 2010-06-20 12:00 AM
Running
01:09:28 | 06.2 miles | 11m 12s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 23234/50965
Performance: Average
Course: First 3 miles were awesome no problems at all, was very easy to get around people. It was the pretty much constant uphill from the 5k point on that hurt. Water station seemed to be about every mile always water, no gatorade or gel. then again its only a 10k.
Keeping cool Below average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Below average
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes