Overall Rank = 109/136
Age Group = 18-39
Age Group Rank = 0/
Swim
  • 17m 32s
  • 375 meters
  • 04m 41s / 100 meters
Comments:

I survived! My goggles were leaky and then very foggy and I was a bit more panicky, but my expectations were really low so I was just very happy that I finished!
What would you do differently?:

Practice breathing more - get in to make sure that my goggles aren't leaking before I start
Transition 1
  • 07m 9s
Comments:

Made some total newb mistakes - forgot to untie my shoes before so I was untying in T1. Kind of funny actually.

Untie my shoes before the race! Next time I'd like to have tri shorts or a tri suit so that I don't have to put bike shorts on during the transition - that took some time and was a bit challenging.
Bike
  • 47m 11s
  • 8.08 miles
  • 10.27 mile/hr
Comments:

Had a flat right as I was coming onto the course. Since it was short and it wasn't a hole I just used the CO2 to pump it up quickly and got on the way. The course was really really beautiful, I did my best to just enjoy it and not push myself so hard so that I could save some of my legs for the run. Coming back towards T2 I noticed that my front tire was getting low again, but I was super close so I though I'd just push through it on the little air left (50% full maybe?). When I got to the last hill - the shortest, steepest one - the lack of air pressure really sucked. The wheel wasn't rolling well and so it was extra hard plus I had slowed down so that I wouldn't run into the lady in front of me when I was going down the hill right before it (it was narrow and she was weaving a bit) and so I didn't have all the momentum that I would have built down the hill for going up. I ended up coming to a complete stop half way up (mostly because of the tire situation) and then running my bike the rest of the way up the hill. I finished strong into T2.

Not much. Going forward I'm going to spend my time on the run and the swim. Despite my
Transition 2
  • 02m 16s
Run
  • 31m 17s
  • 2.05 miles
  • 15m 16s  min/mile
Comments:

Ran about half, walked about half. The uphills were just not going to happen, but I ran on all of the downhills and most of the flats. I started to develop tightness in my right shoulder and the pain in my right knee started to become pain in my calf and foot 1/4 mile in. Because of this I slowed and stopped running up hills (which I was doing at first). Going a bit slower helped with the cramping and with my breathing. I was very happy with the run and to be done with it all!

Stretch more before hand so that I would maybe be less cramped up on the run.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around, hugged my family, drank some water, ate 1/2 a banana. Got some ice in a bag for my knee & iced it as we drove home.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

fitness, it was my first race and i'm still starting out

Event comments:

The race was great - particularly for a first race. Everyone is super nice, the post-race was fun

Last updated: 2010-06-30 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:17:32 | 375 meters | 04m 41s / 100meters
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/136
Performance: Good
Suit: Swim Suit
Course: Course started off the end of a pier. There was steam coming off the lake - it was warmer than the air, which was great as far as temp, but it made it hard to see the buys (and my goggles were foggy).
Start type: Deep Water Plus: Waves
Water temp: 71F / 22C Current: Low
200M Perf. Below average Remainder: Average
Breathing: Average Drafting:
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 07:09
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
No