General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Xterra Wetsuit sizing Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-07-15 12:59 AM

User image

New Westminster
Subject: Xterra Wetsuit sizing
Hey all you Xterra wetsuit owners. I have decided to get the Vortex full sleeve wetsuit but am having some hesitation as to what size to get.

I used their sizing guide and it puts me at a large (6' 194lbs)... but that is right at the cusp (190 changes to a MLA). I figure I might drop a few pounds still but would like some input from some similar sized people as to which route to take.

I am 6'0, 194 lbs, 34" waist, 39" chest, 49" shoulders if that helps.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by bcrunningman 2010-07-15 1:00 AM

2010-07-15 4:24 AM
in reply to: #2982052

User image

Master
Lafayette, IN
Subject: RE: Xterra Wetsuit sizing
Send your measurements to xterra and/or call them.  That's what I did and mine fits great!  I am not your size but wasn't sure if I needed the M or ML and after talking to them, they suggested the ML.

2010-07-15 8:16 AM

User image

Windsor, ON
Hey,
I had almost the exact same problem.  I weigh around 205 and am 6'1, which put me right in between L and XL.  I sent in all my measurements and got the answer I feared, either would fit.  It was my first wetsuit, so his suggestion was to go with the XL, because it would be a little more comfortable. 
I do not know the difference between an XL and L but I do find the XL to be probably a little too big not much but something a little tighter would probably be nice.
I had to deal with them for some other customer service stuff and they are just outstanding, hands down the best customer service I have encountered at any business.
I doubt that helps you decide much but I guess it boils down to whether you want a really tight fit or something that will be a bit looser, obviously right.
2010-07-15 8:21 AM

User image

Pro
Yeah- call Xterra, of course.

but here's what you should think about.  Getting the smaller suit, you'll need to spend more time and effort installing it (i.e. putting it on properly).  It will be harder to get on and off, but will be faster in the water.  The larger suit will feel better at first, but will leave more stretchy room inside to take on water when you swim.

The good news is that these new suits have a lot of stretchability.  So, they'll both fit, but one will fit more like a sausage casing.
2010-07-15 8:42 AM

User image

When I ordered Vortex 3 full in April, I was 5'10 194lb 34" waist 40" chest. I was at the border line as well. I almost got LG thinking that it would be better to get more roomy fit for the first time tri. Then, I changed mind to get MLA hoping to lose some weight in training.  I'm glad I did. The suits was tight fit but sleeves would've been too long if I'd gotten the LA. My first Tri was in June and my race weight was around 187, so I was very comfortable with the suits.  

Amanda and customer service rep  at Xterra were very nice helping me when I had to changed the order. 

hope it helps.

Edited by thirai 2010-07-15 8:47 AM
2010-07-16 6:02 AM

User image

New Westminster
Thanks for all the advice guys it's a huge help! I'll give Xterra a call and see what they say; for some reason with internet companies I always assume there is nobody to help you haha... glad to know they have good customer support

2010-07-21 9:21 AM

Farmington, Utah
I had this same problem as well.  Nearly identical measurments and went with the Large.  Got it and tried it on and it felt good.  I then swam in it and it just felt a little big and heavy, so just returned and to my exchange suit yesterday and went with the Medium Large.  I tried it on and it was tighter and now and headed out of town and will do some open water swimming at Redfish Lake and will let you know how it felt when i return.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Xterra Wetsuit sizing Rss Feed