Team Magic
85F / 29C
Sunny
Total Time = 2h 46m 23s
Overall Rank = 366/839
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 65/149
Pre-race routine:

Drove up on Saturday..Rode the bike course in the truck long steep climbs to look forward to... Got up around 5:30am on race day,seeing that my hotel was only about a mile from transition area.. Had a cliff bar and 4 hard boiled eggs around 5:45..Got bike and area setup for the race by 7:00 had a Gatorade pro 01 to drink around 7:15am loaded the bus and headed to swim start..Got to swim start and just chilled for awhile because it was a numerical start and I was number 1045...
Event warmup:

Nothing really some slight dynamic stretching other than that just stood around and talked to my friend that was doing event..
Swim
  • 26m 4s
  • 1640 yards
  • 01m 35s / 100 yards
Comments:

The start of the swim was a start from being in the water by a dock, fairly a straight course with slight current to the help, had a ladder to exit the swim onto the river walk.. will definitely remember this for next year.. I felt like I did good but there is always room for improvement...
What would you do differently?:

Swim closer to the bank because it is more of a straight line to the exit, instead of staying out by the buoys..
Transition 1
  • 01m 56s
Comments:

Ti run was an immediate run up three flights of steps to get to road level, felt like from where it started that this went as well as it could.. Helmet,Sunglasses, and bike shoes on with no problems...
Bike
  • 1h 19m 1s
  • 26.1 miles
  • 19.82 mile/hr
Comments:

Felt like I had a good bike leg, passed a lot of bikers on the hill climbs..Took my bike leg time of my Garmin 310xt, since the event had timing chip problems with transition times..

Hope to have a tt bike by this race next year ,the only places I got passed was by those guys on tt bikes..
Transition 2
  • 01m 25s
Comments:

Got stuck behind about five people trying to get to their bike rack..after racking got socks and shoes on and was gone...

Practice running sockless so I don't have to fool with socks...
Run
  • 57m 58s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 09m 20s  min/mile
Comments:

Had a decent run, working on three runs per week helped my run time...My first tri average was 10:20 min/mile so I improved that pace.. Knee continues to get better..

Just need to continue to work on this area and hope to get to 7:30-8:00min/mile pace so I can shave some time... Hopefully this will come with time..
Post race
Warm down:

Just walked around and cooled down, banana,water,gatorade to help with nutrition. Went back to finish line and waited for my friend to cross the line..

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Was a little stiff from the drive up on Saturday, but felt like I was rested however I missed some training time due to my work schedule...

Event comments:

This was a great race and atmosphere to be in..I will definitely due this again,love the scenic bike route through the hills of Chattanooga..

Improved from West Point from 2hr 53 min to 2:46 min not bad for second Olympic tri and third ever...

Great Event

Last updated: 2010-06-15 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:26:04 | 1640 yards | 01m 35s / 100yards
Age Group: 67/149
Overall: 0/839
Performance: Average
Suit: none
Course: The course was in the Tennessee river, had a slight current to help
Start type: Deep Water Plus: Time Trial
Water temp: 81F / 27C Current: Low
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Average
Breathing: Good Drafting: Average
Waves: Average Navigation: Average
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 01:56
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Average
Biking
01:19:01 | 26.1 miles | 19.82 mile/hr
Age Group: 60/149
Performance: Good
Wind: Headwind
Course:
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence: 83
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Average Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:25
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes Good
Jumping off bike Average
Running with bike Average
Racking bike Average
Shoe and helmet removal Average
Running
00:57:58 | 06.21 miles | 09m 20s  min/mile
Age Group: 76/149
Course: The course was fairly flat except at the beginning and at the end where there were nice hills to climb. Nice scenic view around the river walk..
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2010-07-18 5:59 PM

User image

Veteran
Georgia
Subject: Chattanooga Waterfront Triathlon

2010-07-31 8:38 PM
in reply to: #2988390

User image

Expert
Bedford, NH
Subject: RE: Chattanooga Waterfront Triathlon
Tim,

That's one heck of a race my man!  I'm really impressed with the improvements you've been making and how quickly you are making them!  1:35 100s in the swim?  Man, that is awesome and you've really come a long way there.  Keep it up!

It sounds like the bike went well.  Yes, the TT bike should help a bit, but keep focusing on your riding as there's still plenty of room for improvement.

As for the run, great job!  Its clear the run is going to keep improving dramatically as time goes on.  Just still with it and I know you'll be down at your goal pace.  If you can get there, you'll probably move up quick a bit in you overall and age group ranks.

Sounds like an awesome race!  Keep it my buddy!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Chattanooga Waterfront Triathlon Rss Feed