General Discussion Race Reports! » Evergreen Lake International Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Evergreen Lake International Triathlon - TriathlonOlympic

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Hudson, Illinois
United States
Tri-Mom Events, LLC
82F / 28C
Sunny
Total Time = 2h 40m 17s
Overall Rank = 73/311
Age Group = 45-49
Age Group Rank = 5/30
Pre-race routine:

Normal breakfast shake and set up Transition. Listen to my Ipod andtalk to they guys around me.
Event warmup:

Sreached a little and did a warm-up swim.
Swim
  • 29m 56s
  • 1500 meters
  • 02m / 100 meters
Comments:

Not a bad swim. This was the first open water swim of the year and I did not panic. I stayed in the swim and stayed strong. I swam the whole way anddid not have any problesm with navgation. I was really surprised at my time I really thought is was faster than that. I guess it goes to show you how much a wetsuit really does help.
What would you do differently?:

not sure. i think I can stay where I am at for now on the swim. Maybe start doing sprints but Really I think just putting in distance is where I want to be right now.
Transition 1
  • 01m 9s
Comments:

not a bad transition. Did have problems mounting the bike with the bike out being so crowded.

nothing but could always use extra work on transitions.
Bike
  • 1h 11m 38s
  • 25.8 miles
  • 21.61 mile/hr
Comments:

not a bad bike was trying to Avg.22mph my Garmin and the offical timmer said I avg. 21.8 (need to check the Garmin to get the accurate speed and distance). Not a bad effort I am very pleased with this. Iwqas relaxed and comfortable, and was not winded when done with the bike.

Ride the course before had so I know exactlly how far the course is. I thought my effort was right on the mark.
Transition 2
  • 01m 3s
Comments:

felt good in this area. Prob should not have taken a drink off the bike and got my hydration from the water station just outside of Transition.

not have taken a drink off the bike in transition instead of waiting for the watyer table.
Run
  • 56m 30s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 09m 06s  min/mile
Comments:

I am not sure what happen here I do not know if I did not streach properly or what. I felt my inner thigh tighten up and It was very hard to run. The heat was unberable and now I am questioning if the heat just made a small pain worse or if I just had a very bad mentaql breakdown. I know I have been in alot of pain since the race. I did walk alot.

Brick work and more running outside. not sure how to do this due to my leg injury. i guess Balance is the whole key. I also need to do more sprint work.
Post race
Warm down:

just walked around, streached, ate andrank lots and lots of water.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Heat and my thigh tightening up. i really need to start doing brick work. I do not have a good area to set up a transition now that I live in Eureka. I guess I will have to use my trainer and then go on the run asap.

Event comments:

Great Race and despite all my effort for a good race on paper it was horrific but I learned you can have a bad race and still finish strong and reap the rewards for your effort. I take it for what it is and start looking to what i did wrong and improve on it

Last updated: 2009-10-20 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:29:56 | 1500 meters | 02m / 100meters
Age Group: 4/30
Overall: 0/311
Performance: Average
Suit: none
Course: square swim course
Start type: Deep Water Plus: Waves
Water temp: 82F / 28C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Average
Breathing: Average Drafting: Good
Waves: Good Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 01:09
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Yes
Wetsuit stuck? No Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed: Good
Biking
01:11:38 | 25.8 miles | 21.61 mile/hr
Age Group: 3/30
Performance: Good
Wind: Some
Course: out and back course ( course was longer then 24.8) will need to check the Garmin
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:03
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes Good
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:56:30 | 06.21 miles | 09m 06s  min/mile
Age Group: 11/30
Performance: Bad
Course:
Keeping cool Below average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 2
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2010-07-18 6:37 PM

User image

Regular
Subject: Evergreen Lake International Triathlon

2010-07-20 10:51 AM
in reply to: #2988435

User image

Regular
Northbrook, IL
Subject: RE: Evergreen Lake International Triathlon

Nice job qualifying for the National Championship in a very tough race. Doesn't look like either of our times were what we did last year or expected from this year, but that heat/humidity was brutal. Are you going down to Tuscaloosa for the National race?

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Evergreen Lake International Triathlon Rss Feed