General Discussion Triathlon Talk » $35 sprint in Derby KS (south of Wichita) - Rock N' Route Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-07-20 1:49 PM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member
Subject: $35 sprint in Derby KS (south of Wichita) - Rock N' Route

Just thought I'd pass this along- it's a Sprint with the swim in an outdoor 50m lap pool - and it's only $35! Cheap! Looks like nice swag, too. See email below.

400m swim
14 mile bike
5K run

It’s time to get registered for the Rock N’ Route triathlon on August 1st in Derby, KS!  We have over 150 registered at this point and anticipate many more in the next week as well.  If you haven’t registered please don’t procrastinate!  The fee is only $35 until Sunday July 25th.  You can register the 26-29th but you will be charged a $10 late fee.  Registration is on-line with no additional fee at www.derbyrec.com.  Click on the icon on the bottom right side of the page and it will take you to the link.  ALSO…If you need a little motivation to register for this event…please see below!

• This is a chip timed event
  • Door prizes include-Gift cards and items from First Gear, Bicycle X-change, SPECS, and several food vendors.
  • All participants receive a free pass to Rock River Rapids water park, t-shirt, on-site massages, and event bags with lots of goodies including CLIF bars, Wheaties Fuel Cereal, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, & Blockbuster coupons
  • Post Race Party with lots of great food!
  • Age group awards are engraved key chains
  • Overall awards!

1st place (M & F) Garmin 305

2nd place (M & F) Xterra Wetsuits

3rd place (M & F) ipod shuffle

If you are not able to participate and would like to volunteer we have a couple of spots available…just let me know! Look forward to seeing you all on the 1st!

Emily McVay
Derby Recreation Commission
Fitness Director
316-788-3781
[email protected]

2010-07-20 9:46 PM
in reply to: #2992822

User image

Master
Overland Park, KS
Subject: RE: $35 sprint in Derby KS (south of Wichita) - Rock N' Route
Thanks for the tip Lisa, ssssooooo tempting, sounds like a fun event.  But 3 hrs from K.C., got to be there day before for packet pickup, gas at $2.50 or more a gallon ugggggh!

Wish there was a race around here for $35, that's like a 10K race cost.

How does a serpentine swim work?  Do you have to go under lane lines every 50 meters?  I was thinking just flip turns etc. but that's too may people in the water so the serpentine idea seems best.  Make sense now duh, 50m x 8 lanes = 400 m so it's one serpentine loop in the pool seems like.
2010-07-25 8:08 PM
in reply to: #2992822

User image

Veteran
Kansas City
Subject: RE: $35 sprint in Derby KS (south of Wichita) - Rock N' Route
Dang, I wish I was a little further along with the training, I'd love to go do this one.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » $35 sprint in Derby KS (south of Wichita) - Rock N' Route Rss Feed