General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Manhattan to White Plains bike ride? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-07-22 4:08 PM

User image

Regular
New York City
Subject: Manhattan to White Plains bike ride?
I posted similarly on this before. Might take a job in White Plains and am trying to figure out if I can bike up there. I live on the UWS.

Mapmyride wasn't very helpful. Trying to look at gmaps but I still am not sure. I guess the best way is Riverside Drive or Broadway into the Bronx to roads I am unfamiliar with. It's about 25 miles but ultimately I might not be able to go 19 mph or whatever like I'd like to. Not sure if that makes the ride worth it or not.

If anyone has any good ideas I'd love to hear them.

2010-07-22 7:48 PM
in reply to: #2998672

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Subject: RE: Manhattan to White Plains bike ride?
I've ridden from my apt in Brooklyn out to my inlaws in Nassau County. You can't expect that you'll be able to sustain any kind of speed. Too many turns, too many lights and stop signs and traffic. If you can average 15-16mph, consider yourself a speed demon.

It's definitely possible. I just mapped a route on GoogleMaps from the White Plains Galleria to Rockefeller Center.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Manhattan to White Plains bike ride? Rss Feed