General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone own Nike Lunarglide 2's Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-07-23 11:45 PM

Regular
Fort Rucker, Alabama
Subject: Anyone own Nike Lunarglide 2's
I need a new pair of shoes soon and need a stability shoe. I've heard good things about the lunar glide series. My hold-up on buying them is how well they will do as sockless shoes. I tried going sockless in a spring in my Nike Structure Triax's and ended up with some nasty and painful blisters on the sides of my feet from the seams in the shoe.

I'm between the lunarglides, some zoot's, or just new triax's. I figure I'll put on socks for my HIM but for a sprint distance I'd like to go sockless. Any recommendations? 

2010-07-26 8:27 AM
in reply to: #3001641

User image

New user

Subject: RE: Anyone own Nike Lunarglide 2's
I started training with the lunarglides in preparation for the Rock N' Roll San Diego Marathon this past winter and wouldn't buy another pair. IMHO, the shoes have a little too much cushioning and gave my achilles a few problems. Interesting concept for a shoe though.

If you are used to wearing a typical stability shoes, like the Brooks Adrenaline or Nike Triax, then I don't see any benefit from buying the Lunarglides, except maybe to save a few ounces.

But, maybe they'll work for you!
2010-07-26 8:33 AM
in reply to: #3001641

Extreme Veteran
Minneapolis
Subject: RE: Anyone own Nike Lunarglide 2's
I use Zoots (TT 2.0) for sprints & oly, but LOVE my Lunar Racers (v2) for distances of 13.1 & up.  I think they are just about perfect - lightweight, but still nice cush for those longer distances

My marathon PR last year was in a new pair of LunarGlides, and I still use that series as my daily trainer (all distances).

FWIW, I run sockless in all of my shoes at all distances.  I lube up good with BodyGlide on the very first run or two with a new pair, but then no issues at all after that.

Cheers, Chris
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone own Nike Lunarglide 2's Rss Feed