General Discussion Triathlon Talk » UCI Legal??? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-07-24 6:33 PM

Subject: UCI Legal???
I feel a little dumb for asking this question, but I figured it's about time I find out what the deal is with the UCI. I've done a lot of reading around on forums and I see a lot of people talking about the UCI banning this and the UCI banning that. Who the heck are the UCI? I'm looking into buying a 9 series speed concept, And I just read that the totally sick base bar and "draft box" are not UCI legal. Why? If I do buy a speed concept can I use the draft box and base bar in an M-dot branded race? No point in buying the bike if I can't race my IMs on it.

2010-07-24 6:45 PM
in reply to: #3002412

User image

Champion
Charlottesville, Virginia
Subject: RE: UCI Legal???
brandonperea - 2010-07-24 7:33 PM I feel a little dumb for asking this question, but I figured it's about time I find out what the deal is with the UCI. I've done a lot of reading around on forums and I see a lot of people talking about the UCI banning this and the UCI banning that. Who the heck are the UCI? I'm looking into buying a 9 series speed concept, And I just read that the totally sick base bar and "draft box" are not UCI legal. Why? If I do buy a speed concept can I use the draft box and base bar in an M-dot branded race? No point in buying the bike if I can't race my IMs on it.

UCI is the international governing body for professional Cycling.  They set rules for how bikes need to be set up for bike races they sanction.

Triathlons are not sanctioned by UCI, so their rules do not apply.  Even most time trials you would do as an amatuer would not have to follow UCI rules.

Triathlons would be under USAT, or other country based bodies.

So get that speed concept, it's fine for any and all triathlons out there.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » UCI Legal??? Rss Feed