General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Women's Tri Top Question Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-07-25 1:56 PM

User image

Expert
Portland, OR
Subject: Women's Tri Top Question
Looking to buy my first tri-specific top, and I have some questions!  First, does anybody have any suggestions?  I kind of wanted a bra-fit top so that I could wear it swimming comfortably (I hate my stomach being covered while I swim). 

I'm torn right now between two 2XU tops, the women's comp tri top http://www.2xu.com/triathlon/nhrange/wt1593a.html and the women's femme tri top http://www.2xu.com/triathlon/nhrange/wt1595a.html.  Does anybody have any experience with these two specifically?

Thanks!

2010-07-26 9:48 AM
in reply to: #3003130

User image

Expert
Portland, OR
Subject: RE: Women's Tri Top Question
*bump* in the hopes to get some advice from Monday morning traffic.
2010-07-26 12:26 PM

User image

Expert
, North Carolina
Sorry I can't help you with those specific styles, but I do have a lot of experience with online Tri shopping!

Since everyone has different preferences and shapes, I'm not sure how much good others' advice will do you.

I ended up buying a few different tops and having to send some back before I found what really works for me, which happens to be Zoot.  One of the bra tops I tried was too tight under the arms making it uncomfortable, esp for the swim.

So my advice is to go ahead an order your best pick and if it doesn't work, send it back.  I know the return shipping is unpleasant, but it's more important to find the size/style that works best for you.

Good luck!
2010-07-26 1:16 PM

I have the comp tri top and love it! In my opinion 2xu makes some of the best tri clothing on the market. The fabric is very comfortable and hugs your body like a second skin better than any other tri clothing brand I have ever tried (zoot, desoto, tyr). Plus it holds up in chlorinated water really well (I did all of my swimming for an entire season in my 2xu tri clothes and they still look good as new). In past triathlons I wore a tyr brand tri top in this type of style and had chafing on my chest once the material got wet. With the 2xu top I didn't have this problem. Between the two choices you posted I would probably suggest getting the femme tri top because the comp tri top is slightly longer than I would like (they didn't have the femme when I bought mine) and the femme seems like it might be a more comfortable length. Either way they are both great options.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Women's Tri Top Question Rss Feed