General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » 2010 Scott CR1 Comp - $1450 Almost Mint! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
SOLD
2010-07-26 6:53 PM

User image

Regular
Manhattan, NY
Subject: 2010 Scott CR1 Comp - $1450 Almost Mint!
The original ad with some pics is here:  http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/bik/1856674038.html

I don't really want to part with this bike, you are reading it correctly. It is a 54 inch frame 2010 Scott CR1 Comp road bike, purchased from the Triathlon Lab in Santa Monica, CA this past December. Due to my current role in an early stage startup company, unfortunately equity doesn't pay the rent, and I need the cash to cover my bills as the runway begins to shorten. This is an incredible deal on an amazing carbon frame bike that definitely outperforms its price. I've had limited miles on it (less than 500), so the saddle and the bars are still practically their pristine white color. I have used it for mostly triathlons and loved it. I spent most of the time riding it either in the sunny California weather, or on a trainer in my New York basement, with a bit of spring race time also in good weather, so its in almost mint condition. Due to time constraints I haven't really been riding it much since May, when I last raced. For technical information check out: http://triathlonlab.com/product/Scott-CR1-comp-2010.html

I have also made some additions, such as put extra bottle cages off the seat post, and will also include the pedals, which are Shimano PD-R540's. This is a unbeatable entry level carbon bike with plenty of options to upgrade and customize components, as it is the same frame as the more expensive models.

It has the new SDS Shock Dampening System, which makes for a super smooth ride. The light carbon frame makes climbing nearly effortless. Outside Magazine had this to say about the bike, "Killer Value
Don't be fooled by the price tag. The carbon-fiber CR1's (relatively) affordable price belies its race-worthy performance. This isn't surprising, considering the bike's heritage. Five years ago, it was Scott's top race model and utilized a then-revolutionary construction method that delivered a category-leading stiffness-to-weight ratio. The design has withstood the test of time: The slightly upright geometry is gentler on the spine, and the pliant rear triangle makes for a noticeably smooth ride. Scott keeps the price down with a mix of mostly Shimano Tiagra components, which lack the snap of even mid-tier groups. Still, as a bike for a first century or long fitness miles, the CR1 is tough to beat. 18 lbs (56 cm); scottusa.com

Please email me with your phone number and best time to reach you, and we can go from there. While I currently live in Washington Heights, I can also bring the bike to you if necessary. I am hesitant to ship. I am serious, so please be serious as well if you are inquiring. To ensure a safe transaction for both parties, payments must be cash, certified bank check, money order or PayPal (you are responsible for transaction fees). I have a couple pictures of the bike attached below from my last race (the Rev3 70.3 in Knoxville).

(bike2_sm.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
bike2_sm.jpg (91KB - 22 downloads)

2010-07-27 7:48 AM
in reply to: #3005989

User image

Champion
Knoxville area
Subject: RE: 2010 Scott CR1 Comp - $1450 Almost Mint!
Dude that is scary, I seriously thought that was a picture of my setup at Rev3 Knoxville.

Corner spot for Transition
09 CR1 (Team colors)
Wore the same Triumph 7's for the run
and Specialized Trivents!

sorry to hijack. 

- Free bump, and the CR1 is one of the greatest road bikes I've ever sat on. Amazing climbing.
2010-07-27 2:01 PM
in reply to: #3006702

User image

Regular
Manhattan, NY
Subject: RE: 2010 Scott CR1 Comp - $1450 Almost Mint!
Haha!  Gotta love it!  Yeah, the Triumph 7's were actually the next door neighbors.  My stuff is on the left side of the frame.  I do love the CR1, just working on a startup project and need to unload some things to pay the health insurance bills.  Sort of a bad tradeoff.
Sell Gear
SOLD
General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » 2010 Scott CR1 Comp - $1450 Almost Mint! Rss Feed