General Discussion Race Reports! » Tri-ing for Children's Sprint Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Tri-ing for Children's Sprint Triathlon - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Eagle, Wisconsin
United States
Tri-ing for Children’s
Total Time = 1h 23m 42s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

we stayed by my aunts just 10 min from the park. Got up at 4. Went to make my oatmeal and her microwave was not working:( Had my coffee and ended up eating the bar we got in our bag...not too bad. a banana closer to race and a gel 1/2 hr before my wave.
Event warmup:

took my bike for a quick spin then did a few sprint runs to see how the legs were. Feeling good!
Swim
  • 08m 28s
  • 400 yards
  • 02m 07s / 100 yards
Comments:

water was warm, had the full suit. started out on the far rt front corner, plan was to start and move into the draft to the left. I was stuck next to someone who was not moving over. couldn't get around her so I swam over her(sorry) one I was in the draft I felt great. good first turn but then got caught in front of a breast stroker, got around her and tried to find more bubbles. as I made the last turn I got caught up with oly swimmers and got pushed to the outside, this hurt my time. but still better then last year(10:11)
What would you do differently?:

still be more aggressive, also maybe start front middle?
Transition 1
  • 02m 5s
Comments:

I have been working on my transitions and it is getting better but still a long way to go! Last year was 2:46.

more practice, suit juice was great!
Bike
  • 45m 35s
  • 15 miles
  • 19.74 mile/hr
Comments:

very happy with my bike, started out very strong then passed a girl with a flat and slowed down to make sure she was ok, almost stopped to give her a tube and co2 but I was feeling so good on the bike and had a time I wanted to beat...didn't stop, felt guilty for the next few miles and wasn't pushing like earlier. pace fell then shook it off knowing she should have been prepared?(still feeling guilty) did tell the volunteers at the next turn that she was walking. stayed in aero most of the ride, only coming out when the wind was blowing me over and around the sharper turns.(48:42 last year)

continue working on cornering and efficient peddling.
Transition 2
  • 01m 20s
Comments:

again been working on this and still better then last year but not as fast as I want. went without socks. 1:52 last year

want to work on my mount and dismount.
Run
  • 26m 16s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 08m 27s  min/mile
Comments:

this felt rough! The legs did not want to move. Thought I was going very slow and had to talk myself into not walking. The hay was the worst! Felt like running through quicksand.

not sure, my run has been distance focused and with the HIM last week I am happy with my time just not the "hurt" maybe keep the speed stuff going? I have never been real speedy but it is getting better and beat my last year time of 26:54!
Post race
Warm down:

walked around a bit, got food and congratulated my friend and cousin who have been coming to my triclub at the Y for becoming triathletes! also talked and hung with the donks. What a great group of friends I have made through this amazing journey!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

not sure it was limited, I beat my time from last year in every part of this race which surprised me coming off the HIM. last year 1:30:25. Very happy with this race..just wish I wasn't in the speedy group with Tammy, Heidi and Jeanne. :)

Event comments:

This is one of my favorite races. Love everything about it.

Last updated: 2010-02-27 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:08:28 | 400 yards | 02m 07s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 02:05
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
No
Wetsuit stuck? No Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:45:35 | 15 miles | 19.74 mile/hr
Wind: Some
Course:
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Not enough
T2
Time: 01:20
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Average
Shoe and helmet removal Average
Running
00:26:16 | 03.11 miles | 08m 27s  min/mile
Course:
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2010-07-27 9:43 AM

User image

Elite
West Allis, WI
Subject: Tri-ing for Children's Sprint Triathlon
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Tri-ing for Children's Sprint Triathlon Rss Feed