General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wetsuits Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-07-28 7:55 AM

User image

Draper Utah
Subject: Wetsuits
Hi, I know wetsuits are not allowed for the Cozumel race. I want to get a wetsuit since I live out west where the water is chilly. Should I get a full suit or a sleeveless? I am 6'2" 150lbs I had a full that restricted my arm movement, but now that I will be racing cooler water I am kind of affraid to get a long john type. Does Anyone know of a good suit that does not restrict the arms? Doing 2.4 mi in a long john might too much. Thoughts? Also the bike I have is a road bike. Its an old trek 5200 with aero bars. Since I am low on funds buying a tri bike will be a while. Do you see may people doing Ironman races with road bikes? My areo bars are kind of heavy as they are alluminum. Thanks Dave

2010-07-28 7:58 AM
in reply to: #3009195

User image

Subject: RE: Wetsuits
Wetsuit: the one you had did not fit well. You should not feel restricted at all with a full sleeved suit. That said, a lot of people do just fine in 50 degree water and sleeveless suits. You could rent a handful and try them out to see which works best for you.

Bike: HIM and IM are a mix of road bikes and tri bikes. Both are well represented, don't sweat it. If you're comfortable with the aero bars you have, I wouldn't change them. Comfort is well worth a bit of weight.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wetsuits Rss Feed