General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pumkinman outside of Vegas in Oct??? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-07-30 4:46 PM

User image

Vallejo
Subject: Pumkinman outside of Vegas in Oct???
Anyone done or thinking of doing this tri?  I was considering the Marin County Tri but it is pretty pricey but I really want to attempt another Olympic distance this year and late October sounded perfect.  I found this one and traveling and hanging out a bit in Vegas might be fun and probably cost me about the same as the Marin race in my own backyard.  I read a few race reports which said it was tough and the run was not all that scenic which is a bummer when you need to take your mind off of how miserable you are. 

Anyway, any thoughts are greatly appreciated. 

Edited by ldellamonica 2010-07-30 4:47 PM

2010-07-30 5:17 PM
in reply to: #3014947

User image

Subject: RE: Pumkinman outside of Vegas in Oct???
Did the half and, ,,,,,, well,,,, it's tough, and not all that scenic 

Actually, swimming in Lake Mead is pretty cool,and the scenery on the bike is very pretty if you like desert vistas, but no, not much to say for the run 

When I did it it was Halfmax championships and tri club championships as well, so it was a big crowd, looking at other year's results, seemed much more low key.  But it was very well run when I did it
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pumkinman outside of Vegas in Oct??? Rss Feed