General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike Fitting Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-08-03 10:33 PM

New user
Adelaide
Subject: Bike Fitting
So a few months ago i bought a bike online. It was delivered all boxed up and i did my best to put it together. Fiddled with a few things and got it to a semi-comfortable position.

Was asked to go out riding on the road for the first time this friday and my friend asked if i had my bike fitted correctly. Being a newbie i had no idea what she was talking about so i rang a local bike shop and booked it in.

Now, i spent $2500aud on this bike ad am soooooo glad i took it in to get fitted it was setup completely incorrect!!! not just by me either but the aero bars were all backwards and it was just a mess!

So to any other newbies out there - definetely take your bike in to get fitted correctly. i was amazed how much it has made a difference even down to adjusting the pedals so its easier to unclip!

Am looking forward to hitting the road for the first time on friday

2010-08-03 11:21 PM
in reply to: #3022186

User image

Expert
Bradenton, Florida
Subject: RE: Bike Fitting
Not only will it help with your times but it can also help with injuries.  I was experiencing bilateral knee pain before my fitting, two weeks later and I am now riding pain free.  It wasn't anything major, but it has made a huge improvement.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike Fitting Rss Feed