General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 8/7, La Porte Tri Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-08-04 4:21 PM

User image

New user

NW Indiana
Subject: 8/7, La Porte Tri
Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?Laughing

This is going to be my 1st. Initially was training for Valpo, but realized I wasn't quite ready for the swim. I am alittle better prepared, but still nervous about the swim. Had hoped to get some open water swims in today and tomorrow, but the storms likely won't make that possible with water overflow & the dreaded e-coli...

2010-08-04 7:17 PM
in reply to: #3023824

User image

Subject: RE: 8/7, La Porte Tri
I won't be there but GOOD LUCK on your first tri! I know you never feel like you're ready, but just relax and let your body do what you've been training it to do. I hope you enjoy the whole experience tremendously, no matter the time you finish. Again, good luck!
2010-08-06 9:30 PM
in reply to: #3023824

User image

New user

NW Indiana
Subject: RE: 8/7, La Porte Tri
Just a quick update...

Went out to La Porte today to check out the swim area to maybe get a practice swim. Lo & behold, a big yellow sign by the La Porte Board of Health saying (literally) "there is a CHANCE you could contract a bacterial infection due to water quality". Now, there were people swimming, one guy even went in and swam the 1/4 mile route, so I don't know.

I have a baby daughter (15 weeks) at home and I didn't think it would be smart to go in the water yet. My training partner, who works at the La Porte Hospital labs, called the lab to see what they thought...they suggested NOT getting in, so that made my decision.

The La Porte people were great though. Gave me a one day pass to go swim at their Y.

I guess we shall see in the morning...I just wanted to get in a lake. Unfortunately, with all the rain that we had this week, many of the beaches were closed because of high bacteria level or high waves.Cry
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 8/7, La Porte Tri Rss Feed