General Discussion Race Reports! » Lakeland Bi-Tri Classic - Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Lakeland Bi-Tri Classic - Triathlon - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Canton, Illinois
United States
Canton Park District
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 19m 23s
Overall Rank = 83/231
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 11/19
Pre-race routine:

Up early with banana, toast, coffee, and water.
Event warmup:

Went to PT tent to get stretched out. I was given some stretches for my hip flexors. Nice guys!!
Swim
  • 14m 23s
  • 500 yards
  • 02m 53s / 100 yards
Comments:

Just an poor showing. My training has been so inconsistant in regards to swimming and esp open water nights with T3. I am embarrassed with the showing that I had. I was also thinking at about 200yrd mark that I was going to call for the life guard to pull me out of the water. It was like I had never swam a day before this triathlon. Just really upset with my swim results and that's all I want to say anymore. Laslty, Patty Cates beat me out of the water and out of T1!!!!!!!!! I caught her at about mile 3 on the bike though.........What the heck is going on!!!!!!
What would you do differently?:

Consistant swim training and keep the negative thoughts out of my head when open water swimming. I let the negative thoughts creep in and take root.

Tell me everyone has a bad event every so often.......right!!! :-)
Transition 1
  • 01m 50s
Comments:

Okay T1 for me. I have to put on shoes and socks so T1 is always going to be a bit longer. Long run from lake to trasition area and I did walk for a bit as I was fatigued from my crap swim!!

Run from lake/pool to transition
Bike
  • 38m 40s
  • 12 miles
  • 18.62 mile/hr
Comments:

I felt good on the bike and I prob could have pushed it a little more but I would have been left with nothing on the run. I know you bike guys are yelling right now but I need to complete a decent run. I did not get passed on the bike today (prob because I was left with all the slower peeps cuz I was last on out of the lake!).

Again, consistant training it key and I have been up and down for the past month. I shouldn't make excuses but I have had a lot on my plate and I need to work in training more consistant despite busy schedule. I can and will make it happen
Transition 2
  • 00m 37s
Comments:

As stated above the T2 is always faster. Running shoes were already on so that made it much easier
Run
  • 23m 52s
  • 3 miles
  • 07m 58s  min/mile
Comments:

The rolling hills aren't nearly as fun on the run as they are on the bike. I must say that I didn't get passed once on the run which made me feel pretty good. First mile or so is an adjustment period for me and I just can't seem to overcome that. I could possibly increase my run times with more brick work towards event dates.

Some more brick work
Post race
Warm down:

Walking, hydrating, and almost vomiting!!!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Lack of consistant training. No real training plan just trying things on my own and this is not helping me!!!

Last updated: 2010-07-30 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:14:23 | 500 yards | 02m 53s / 100yards
Age Group: 16/19
Overall: 171/231
Performance: Bad
Out of control!!
Suit: tri suit
Course: triagle going counter clockwise
Start type: Wade Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current: Low
200M Perf. Bad Remainder: Bad
Breathing: Bad Drafting:
Waves: Navigation: Below average
Rounding: Below average
T1
Time: 01:50
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Good
Biking
00:38:40 | 12 miles | 18.62 mile/hr
Age Group: 13/19
Overall: 81/231
Performance: Good
Wind: Some
Course: Out-and-Back with rolling hills with a few bigger hills to deal with but they were short. Roads were nice once you left the park. Liked it overall
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence: 86
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:37
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:23:52 | 03 miles | 07m 58s  min/mile
Age Group: 7/19
Overall: 62/231
Performance: Average
Course: Paved walking/running trail with some rolling hills.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 1
Physical exertion [1-5] 2
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2010-08-07 8:42 PM

New user

Morton, Illinois
Subject: Lakeland Bi-Tri Classic - Triathlon

2010-08-10 10:10 AM
in reply to: #3029603

User image

Regular
Subject: RE: Lakeland Bi-Tri Classic - Triathlon
Hang in there buddy we all have bad days. My 1st open water swim I breathstroked the whole 600 yards. I freaked out!!!!! it does get better i am living proff. Great race overall and man i have loved watching you go from Sullivan to Canton what a journey you have had. Thanks for allowing me to be your teamate and a friend to enjoy this Journey. During the off season if you would like I can help you with the swim. just let me know.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Lakeland Bi-Tri Classic - Triathlon Rss Feed