General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike fit in Boulder? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-08-16 1:20 PM

User image

Subject: Bike fit in Boulder?
I'm in the market for a new bike, and I've been told that having a fit prior to picking out a bike would be good.  Where would I go to get a fit w/o a particular bike (i.e. just looking for a generic stack and reach without picking out a model and getting it to fit me)?  I looked at the Trek Store, Bicycle Village, and BCH sport medicine and each showed pictures of the person on a particular bike as opposed to a fit bike to get baseline measurements first.  BCH had something about using a serotta fit bike, but that was clearly a road bike style in their pictures. 

2010-08-16 1:42 PM
in reply to: #3046336

User image

Subject: RE: Bike fit in Boulder?
I'm in the hunt for a new bike as well. Never again will I do a tri with my 500lb mountain bike.

Talking to other women at the Tri-for-the-Cure, they all told me to not just get a bike fit, but to try as many bikes as I can with that proper fit. It's like buying a pair of jeans, while one brand works for some, it may not work for you.

When I have my pennies saved I will head to a variety of bike shops, REI, Bicycle Village, Wheat Ridge, etc, and have them fit me for a bike and I will try the bikes. Each store should have a person who does the fits.

I know that didn't help you much, but the information I learned doing my first tri was worth a million bucks to me.
2010-08-16 2:42 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Denver, CO
Colorado Multisport in Boulder is awesome! They have an awesome machine bike that you can get on while they tweak different things. Then they take all the info. and figure out which bikes would be the best fit for you. Then, you know which bikes to test ride. It is great and well worth the money!
2010-08-16 8:21 PM

User image

Denver, CO
Definitely Colorado Multisport. They did my fit when I had aerobars put on my road bike a couple of months ago. They were awesome, and their customer service was phenomenal.
2010-08-18 9:30 PM

User image

Regular
Fort Myers, Florida
Colorado multisport fit me on my road bike and did an awesome job, picked up legitimite speed right away.  I just got a new tri bike and got a fit done at retul and had a good experience there - Craig Alexander stopped in while I was getting my fit done and they have pictures on the wall of them fitting Lance so I figured if they are good enough for those guys they can probably figure me out.
2010-08-19 3:20 PM

User image

Veteran
Rocky Mountains

Of course, there is always BSM and Andy Pruitt.

2010-08-20 11:02 AM

Regular
Denver, CO
Retul is by far the best fit system anywhere http://www.retul.com/,and they are headquartered in Boulder. It is not cheap, but if you can wait until they do a demo for a customer buying the technology, you can get a significant discount. I got a $250 fit for $150. You can use your bike or their fit bike, and they will make recommendations on what off the shelf bikes best suit you.

Edited by mop_sack 2010-08-20 11:02 AM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike fit in Boulder? Rss Feed