General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Aggressive Couch-to-5k Training Group Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 11

2013-01-08 6:57 PM
in reply to: #3060411

Knoxville
Subject: RE: Aggressive Couch-to-5k Training Group

I just started training, but have been using Kettlebells on and off for awhile. Now using them regularly. I really love the results. I noticed you have a picture of yourself doing snatches. How have you found KBs help you and what type of exercises do you recommend (keep in mind I'm 53, out of shape but very strong - 6'1", 260 - bmi 33, trying to get down under 190 bmi under 15.

I was a competitive swimmer growing up and did a couple of Olympic distance tiathlons about 25 years ago.

Bob

2013-01-08 11:06 PM
in reply to: #3052868

Hope Im doing this right, Im just getting into running, treadmill at the mo!  searching for events in Perth I found this site, I am going to try the colour run on Feb 17th its 5k's as I have not exercised in any way shape or form (bad I know) for some years now, age 46 late bloomer I was wondering if any one had been in my position and got through it, Im going to give this training a go and hopefully I will be able to complete this run without too much hurting ouch I can feel it now

2013-04-20 2:14 PM
in reply to: #3052868

Hi everyone, I am new and just ran my very first 5k today.  I did a walk run program (Jeff Galloway) where I run 2min and walk 1 min throughout. (I am slow still)  I had a bit of drama in the beginning because my 4 year old daughter and husband were supposed to be running with me.  Well right when the race started my DD decided to have a major meltdown and my DH had to take her out of the double stroller to deal with the situation.  I did not know if she would calm down or not and was reluctant to take off waiting for my DH.  Needless to say, I decided to go ahead.  I was pushing a double stroller which I have never done before and doing the walk/run combo program I mentioned above.  I was disappointed with my time even though it was average for the run.  It was 40:50.  Right now I plan on running at least 2 more 5ks to see if I can improve my time, but ultimate goal right now is a half and weight loss.  I joined this group to speed up my progress.  Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Sc

Edited by sc0628 2013-04-20 2:15 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Aggressive Couch-to-5k Training Group Rss Feed  

of 11