General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 13 Week Sprint Training Plan Group Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 11

2012-06-02 8:17 PM
in reply to: #4117592

Subject: RE: 13 Week Sprint Training Plan Group
widemouth waterbottle that is not see through.  some stretchy pants have hidden pockets to put car keys in

2012-06-02 9:00 PM
in reply to: #4117416

Hey Call4fire23:  I have IT band problems in my knee too.  low weight and low impact resistance work against a wall and sitting on a step, stretches, and switch heat and ice 10 mins at a time after heavy workouts/runs.  Hope this helps.
2012-09-06 7:41 AM
in reply to: #3052887

Brockville

Just joined, plan to train for a sprint in May, 2013.

Dave

2012-10-16 9:45 PM

Hi Everyone,

I've just joined the site and I'm looking at doing my first Triathlon (a sprint event) but only have 9 weeks til its on. I've just come off a Half Marathon so feel my fitness would be there just have to convert it into the bike and swim (I'm a reasonable swimmer). 

Is this too ambitious? 

Cheers

2012-10-21 6:49 PM

I am just getting started with tri!very excited not sure what i am doing so going to try and follow this plan>  My running is ok  just finished my first marathon 2 weeks ago!So i decided to take a light break on running and started swimming!Wanted a new challenge so here i am!  I am in chicago so my fist race is looking like an indoor sprint in january.  also i have more of a mountain bike right now do i need to run out and get a road bike or can i try my first outdoor tri with bike i have?Looking forward to this group
2013-01-20 8:22 PM

User image

New user

I'd love to "join the group" but I admit I don't know how to do that!

2013-01-20 9:00 PM
in reply to: #4587273

User image

Expert

LouYorkPA - 2013-01-20 9:22 PM I'd love to "join the group" but I admit I don't know how to do that!

At this point, I'd suggest you join a mentor group. They are forming and a great source of community encouragement and advice for training.

List for current 2013 open BT Mentor Groups

2013-01-25 3:23 PM

User image

Connecticut

Ive joined a mentor group and decided to go with this plan.  Doesnt seem like a lot of people are commenting daily but I wish everyone luck! 

My major goal for the year will be to participate in a sprint this June.  I will probably do a few 5ks in the meantime and maybe if all works out I will do a 10k. 

2013-02-06 10:11 PM

User image

New user

Hi, I am getting ready to do my first Triathalon in June. I have been running and biking for over the last year. I will be working on my swimming at the YMCA for the next 4-6 months, incorporating it with my running and biking. I am looking at doing a sprint triathalon as one of my goals for this year. I need some direction on what I need to do to prepare properly.

2013-03-05 11:35 AM

User image

Veteran
Roll Tide!!

Hello! I am signed up for my first Sprint Triathlon on June 8th.- The Grandman in Mobile!!! I am super excited and scared to death!! I have decided to use this training plan- with some modifications.

I cant swim right now :/ well, I can swim- but its too cold. I live in very RURAL south Alabama so no indoor pools within weekly driving distance. There are many options for open water swims and I have a pool so once the weather warms a little (its suppose to be 70 on Saturday) I will start training with my swimming. I plan to incorporate some extra back/shoulder exercises on my swim days for now.

I am a pretty slow runner, BUT I am improving. I am registered for a 5K on 3/23 my goal is 30 mins or less. (and I hope to improve that by the tri)

I recently bought a  road bike. I need to become much more familiar & confident with it. Our gym here does not have spin bikes- they have recumbent bikes and some with REALLY big cushy seats and arm things that go back and forth so I am not sure if I should use these or just run on bad weather days.

Do I sound lost? I AM - a little... BUT very strong and determined- So I will find a way to make this work I wish I could find a forum to check in with other first timers and bounce crazy thoughts/questions off!!

Like WHERE do I subscribe to this forum?? And I work in technology smh...

2013-05-07 1:33 PM

Hi!

I'll be doing the Key Biscayne Trilogy, a sprint triathlon (in Florida, near Miami) in July.  I have been doing general weight training up until now (for at least a dozen years) and did a sprint triathlon 3 years ago.  I have recently started running and doing some laps on my own again for this new challenge.  

Just wondering- can I participate in two sprint triathlons (.25 mile swim, 10 mile bike and 3 mile run each triathlon) one month apart?

I'm looking forward to training.  I may have to switch some training around (I have no bicycle access in the area I am swimming so can only combine swimming with running while keeping biking and running together on the other days) any tips on how to switch things (or at least what I SHOULDN'T DO)?

Cheers! 

2013-05-09 11:24 AM

I am looking for a change, my marriage and best friend of 35 years evaporated, my kids are grown, happy but out of the house, in fact I had to sell my dream house and now live in a "van down by the river" - nah, smaller house on the lake. I need this, I want this. I am training for a 3 mile run, 1/4 swim and 15 mile bike ride. It starts today. Any help would be appreciated.
2013-05-29 4:05 AM
in reply to: maris61

will stand at the side and shout whoop whoop!!

Like you needed challenge - got a tri booked in July - run okay, bike getting there - swimming - gulp just started!!

will post all times this week and lets compare! how you doing!!

kindest
Jax

my kids not out the house yet!! one day....
2013-09-26 9:20 PM
in reply to: jsesstein

Just joined the group. Planning a triathalon in the spring.
Linda
2013-09-26 11:39 PM
in reply to: lin4cla

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by lin4cla

Just joined the group. Planning a triathalon in the spring.
Linda
Hi Linda

I don't know that anyone uses this thread anymore so you might not get much help or discussion on it. I am going to suggest that you go into the mentor group section and find the Manatee's thread over there. Post on that introducing yourself and tell them that I sent you.

They are very helpful, but be warned they are a bit crazy and 90% of the stuff that goes on doesn't have that much to do with triathlons. If you have any questions though they are a great group and more than happy to share with people. lots of different experience levels there too.
2013-12-24 2:58 PM
in reply to: Tri Take Me Away

Just joining the group. Doing a Mini-indoor triathlon on new years eve morning and planning ahead to do a sprint sometime in the spring (March or April, maybe may). Looking forward to competing in my 1st Tri!! Any tips are welcome!

2014-01-10 7:32 AM

Starting this plan today to train for an indoor tri in April. I can swim and I can bike, but I SUCK at running! Definitely setting my goal at "finish and have fun" since I've never entered a race before!
2014-01-29 9:40 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

HI MOUSEDOC - Looks like we are the only 2 in this 13 week stretch right now.

ERIN - how did your New Years INDOOR Tri go?

I ... um. For starters, my race is 2/22. That is 24 days away. Not quite 13 weeks.

Now for the rest of my intro. I have been running for about 18 months pretty solidly. I have just completed my 2nd marathon. So, I think I can do this. My first Sprint is actually ALL INDOORS! So, you swim for 15 minutes. Transition 1 is 10 minutes. Then stationary Bike for 30 minutes. Then Transition 2 is 5 minutes. Then Treadmill for 30 minutes.

A "standard" Sprint tri seems to be 15 laps. 12.5 miles on bike. 3.1 running. - Today I did my first dry run. I got 8 laps in. (I suck!) Then I did T1, then bike for 30. 10.8 miles. T2, then TM for 3.25.

I felt mostly good about finding a starting point. But Im shooting for the actual distances. I want to hit 15 laps, 12.5 and 3.1. - The biggest short coming was clearly the pool. Any advice will be helpful. Somewhere on here someone recommended doing 3 laps then 1 backstroke. Maybe that will help me. I am looking for a tri group / swim trainer to give me some help, but I'll have to plan better for my next Sprint Tri.

Edited by BF JEFF 2014-01-29 9:42 PM
2014-02-10 9:09 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

New user
I just joined group. Ran my first sprint two years ago in May, and I moved to new area, and life took different direction with training. 25lbs and 1 1/2 years later and I want to go for number 2. Need help getting going, hoping to do sprint in late May. The swim about killed me last time, got ran over, pushed under several times and started hyperventilating when I tried to speed up. Experience should help this time, I hope. I still struggle with breathing in swim, hard to relax, loose breath easily. Guess I am just out of shape. Any suggestions or help is apprieciated

Should I just worrying about swimming or running as long as possible without stopping right now? I can run mile OK, little slow around 10:30, and I can swim about 75 meters without stopping for breath, then it seems I have to catch breath every 25 meters. Before my first spring I could swim about 500 without stopping.

Edited by coachrains 2014-02-10 9:12 PM
2014-03-27 11:25 PM
in reply to: coachrains

User image

New user
Seattle
Just joined, planning for a triathlon in early June.

Very excited to be part of this group!
2014-06-04 3:18 PM

Hi there still trying to figure out this website and forum. In the mean time I will be reading various posts and logging my workouts everyday. The main question I have is, am I part of a training group? Do I have a "coach" or a particular workout plan assigned to me yet?

Thanks!

Javier

2014-06-09 11:08 AM

My first race is sept 6th in mtl. I'm a professional mma fighter from the gta looking to cross train my cardio with this great sport.
2014-12-31 6:46 AM
in reply to: Bmma fighter

New to Triathlon Program,

I live in Bowie Maryland and recently joined La Fitness..Looking for people to workout with.

Really need help swimming/training..

I can bike for 1 hour at a 15 mph pace and also jog for 30 mins at a 9:00 pace

I suck at swimming and need the most help their.

If there is a workout club to join i would be very interested.

Thanks,

Mike

2014-12-31 3:25 PM
in reply to: bmmiles14

User image

Extreme Veteran
Langley, BC, 'Wet Coast' Canada
Originally posted by bmmiles14

New to Triathlon Program,

I live in Bowie Maryland and recently joined La Fitness..Looking for people to workout with.

Really need help swimming/training..

I can bike for 1 hour at a 15 mph pace and also jog for 30 mins at a 9:00 pace

I suck at swimming and need the most help their.

If there is a workout club to join i would be very interested.

Thanks,

Mike

Two suggestions for you -

1 - Look up your local area in the US State Forums page, located toward the bottom of the main page.
2 - Sign up in one of the mentor programs ... http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/forum-view.asp?...

Best of luck in your training!
2015-02-05 2:59 PM
in reply to: Bmma fighter

Just signed up for my first sprint tri and looking for some advice on swimming. The race will be in open water and I will be training in a 25 and 50 meter pool. What are the big differences in swimming in a pool and open water? My other question is what pace should I be swimming at during training?
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 13 Week Sprint Training Plan Group Rss Feed  

of 11