General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Chattanooga Waterfront- whatcha think of all the stairs?? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-07-19 12:57 PM

User image

The Original
Raleigh/Durham
Subject: Chattanooga Waterfront- whatcha think of all the stairs??
Talk about a killer!  Was I the only one dying on the run course?? 

2005-07-20 8:54 AM
in reply to: #202321

Georgia
Subject: RE: Chattanooga Waterfront- whatcha think of all the stairs??
At the race meeting, the director said the only hill was a little one right after the stairs. i was feeling good in the transition, so i blasted up the stairs to the street only to be greeted by the never ending steep monster hill. that pretty well did me in.

after that first mile the run was great (except for the last mile!)

the swim was awesome, and the bike course was pretty fun as well. i'll do that one again next year.
2005-07-20 9:54 AM

User image

The Original
Raleigh/Durham
There were defintiely more stairs than I was expecting.  It was a good challenge though and made the race unique.  At least now I know what to expect!  I can't wait to see my race photos- I was dying on the run.  I loved the bike course, and the swim was great.  I really enjoyed that race.  The volunteers were great- especially the ones pulling us out of the water.  I didn't have to wait- I just swam right up and they yanked me out!  I did hear that if all went well with the race this year they were thinking about doubling the size for next year!  That would be great- I love big races!  Was a little disappointd in the expo- I wish more vendors were there.  The courses were well marked, and I was impressed with the miles markers on the bike course.
2005-07-20 12:36 PM

Veteran
Alabama
I too felt those STAIRS!! BUT it did make the run interesting! My goal for the run was to be faster than Memphis in May and to NOT walk. I made my goal, but boy was it killer!! I thought the race was fantastic and even with the stairs, the run was gorgeous. I liked the diversity of it for sure. AND the 'downhill swim' was FAST!!! Don't know about you guys, but my swim time was RECORD fast for me!!

I will be back next year!!

k
2005-07-22 10:59 AM
in reply to: #203151

User image

The Original
Raleigh/Durham

KSMITH - 2005-07-20 12:36 PM I too felt those STAIRS!! BUT it did make the run interesting! My goal for the run was to be faster than Memphis in May and to NOT walk. I made my goal, but boy was it killer!! I thought the race was fantastic and even with the stairs, the run was gorgeous. I liked the diversity of it for sure. AND the 'downhill swim' was FAST!!! Don't know about you guys, but my swim time was RECORD fast for me!! I will be back next year!! k

Great job on meeting your goal!  Congrats!  It was a tough race- you should be proud!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Chattanooga Waterfront- whatcha think of all the stairs?? Rss Feed