Park City, Utah
United States
Tri Utah
Total Time = 1h 58m 23s
Overall Rank = 240/293
Age Group = Athena -39
Age Group Rank = 4/9
Pre-race routine:

Ate my regular cereal breakfast. Left at 5:45am to pick up MineralMike and his wife. Rode bike 2.5 mi to the venue and checked in. Then rode another .5 mi to transition. Hung out w/ fellow club members and munched on a pb bagel and drsnk a G2.
Event warmup:

Got into the water a few waves ahead of time and swam around a little to get ride of the jitters.
Swim
  • 21m 57s
  • 820 yards
  • 02m 41s / 100 yards
Comments:

I was SUPER comfy in the water ahead of time, goofing around and dancing in the water. Then the halfway into the first leg of the swim I started having issues sighting. It's like I can't get my head high enough to see. Then the arching and straining of my neck starts to cause me to tense up and hunch my shoulders. The second leg was THE WORSE!!! The buoy was turned into a shadow by the sun, a shadow that simply blended into the bank on the other side. ERGH!! I actually had to ask a kayaker to point out where the buoy was because I (and another lady next to me) could NOT see it!!
What would you do differently?:

Practice sighting more, and relaxing the shoulders.
Transition 1
  • 03m 13s
Comments:

I waited until the last minute to get my cap and goggles off... WHY? I've never done that before... no clue...
I did have a little issue getting my wetsuit off, finally once sat down it was much easier.

See above!!
Bike
  • 50m 1s
  • 12.43 miles
  • 14.91 mile/hr
Comments:

Went great! I even chicked a few guys!!! Probably only had maybe 3 or 4 Oly's Racers pass me on the second half.
The first half felt a little harder than the last time I did this race. There may have been a slight headwind, who knows.
Kind of got freaked out on the downhill when I swore I heard something fall off my bike. Figured it was probably my cadence sensor that won't stay still, but when I looked down it was there. Later realized it was my reflector off of my rear tire.
There was some congestion at the dismount area so I ended up dismounting about 5 to 6 ft further back than I would've liked.

nothing much... I rock the bike (or so I like to think so)
I think next may be learning to get out of my shoes before I dismount.
Transition 2
  • 02m 32s
Comments:

I've got to give-up on the socks... second race where I think I'll try to put them on then toss 'em to the side.
Run
  • 41m 39s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 13m 23s  min/mile
Comments:

I've got to figure out what is going on that I get abdominal cramping and pain when I run. I'm sure it's a nutritional issue. I thought that this time it might be that I started a honey gel on the run out, then went about 5 minutes before I hit the aid station where I could get water to wash it down. I also think it might have helped had I gone to the bathroom (but I wasn't about to take that time). Pretty disappointed about my run because it's three minutes longer than the last time and it's pretty much what cost me 3rd place. If I had at least done as well as the last time on the course, I would've placed. :(

Need to run more. If I don't get running (and doing more bricks) there is NO WAY I'm going to do anything respectful come the olympic in three weeks.
Post race
Warm down:

Drank some water, ate a banana, ate some oranges and hung around w/ "the gang".

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Perhaps training. Definitely nutrition and gastric system. I was hopeful to take at least 10 minutes off my time in this race (it's been two years) I guess I've got to be realistic. 1) That year I did a TON of running in comparison and 2) I'm still having a few issues w/ rehabing my knee (it was noticeably hurting afterwards) So I suppose to take 5 minutes off will have to suffice. Maybe next time I'll place ;)

Event comments:

REALLY wish they would start this race earlier in the morning. Also hope that they change the direction of the swim back to clockwise (how it was last time I raced it). Spotting that buoy in the sun is REALLY hard. As well, seems like the food available at the end was kind of limited (bagels, oranges, and bananas) Maybe it's because I LOVE grapes ;)
Perhaps I'll do it again in another two years.

Last updated: 2010-08-05 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:21:57 | 820 yards | 02m 41s / 100yards
Age Group: 6/9
Overall: 213/293
Performance: Below average
Suit: zoot synergy
Course: Counter Clockwise triangle
Start type: Deep Water Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation: Bad
Rounding:
T1
Time: 03:13
Cap removal: Below average Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Yes Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:50:01 | 12.43 miles | 14.91 mile/hr
Age Group: 3/9
Overall: 164/293
Performance:
Wind: Little
Course: Single loop w/ small climbs and WAY FUN downhill.
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 02:32
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:41:39 | 03.11 miles | 13m 23s  min/mile
Age Group: 8/9
Overall: 270/293
Course: Road first 1.5, then trail.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2010-08-22 7:10 PM

User image

Elite
Utah
Subject: Jordanelle Triathlon - Sprint

2010-09-03 5:53 PM
in reply to: #3057694

User image

Master
Kauai, Hawaii
Subject: RE: Jordanelle Triathlon - Sprint

Good job! I usually have trouble with leg cramps on the run, I am going to try to do my nutrition for the run on the last part of the bike when I have my water and see  how that goes.

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Jordanelle Triathlon - Sprint Rss Feed