General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ouuuchhhhh!!! Women please help.....saddle sore question Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-08-24 12:24 AM

User image

Regular
Subject: Ouuuchhhhh!!! Women please help.....saddle sore question
Borrowed the road bike.  Clipping in and out of pedals great.  Shifting great.  The problem?  Not only are my neck and shoulders sore from different position, but my "more delicate" area is sore.  About three miles into the ride, I just couldn't stand it and from then on, I would have to adjust and readjust myself on the seat, handlebars, etc. just to minimize the contact.  I had on my tri shorts, which do have some  padding.  Any suggestions?

2010-08-24 12:39 AM
in reply to: #3060312

User image

Master
Portland, Oregon
Subject: RE: Ouuuchhhhh!!! Women please help.....saddle sore question
Don't borrow that bike again. Sounds like the fit overall is poor or the seat is really not your friend. You should be balancing on your sit bones which should be supported by the saddle. The softer areas shouldn't be chafing. LBS can help with the saddle and the bike fit.

I also use chamois cream, but it sounds like you may have more fit/chafing problems than can be solved with Chamois BUTT'r.
2010-08-24 2:29 AM
in reply to: #3060312

User image

Subject: RE: Ouuuchhhhh!!! Women please help.....saddle sore question
For training I found bike specific shorts as opposed to tri specific shorts offer way more padding and are far more comfortable to wear the majority of the time.

Also, if you're wearing underwear underneath, don't - extra seams to chafe on!

I found getting a lady-saddle made a difference, one with a slit down the middle minimises contact and makes a huuge difference. I couldn't wee for hours after my first long ride on my road bike!!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ouuuchhhhh!!! Women please help.....saddle sore question Rss Feed