General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Just looking for somewhere to start.... Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-08-26 9:31 AM

New user

Subject: Just looking for somewhere to start....
Hi. My name is Tim. I'm currently in the US Air Force and am looking to get myself in shape for some sprint triathlons. I got fed up the other day just doing basic "maintenance" working out in preparation for upcoming PT test. I'm 26 and weigh around 220 lbs. I don't consider myself overweight, but by all standards I am. Found this website when I was searching around road bike, signed up and lookf forward to hopefully a rewarding experience. I guess my biggest fear is that I can be a little ADDish at times when I run something as small as 1.5 mile jog. My biggest problem would be my focus and how that affects my drive. I swam in high school, so swimming is not really an issue with me and I'm pretty comfortable on the bike, but am always looking to get better. The run is by and far my biggest problem, but I believe that as I (hopefully) start shedding the pounds, my run times and stamina will improve. Thanks for listening to my rant and hope that everyone can reach their goal like I would like to reach mine.

2010-08-26 10:36 AM
in reply to: #3064952

User image

Expert
Tyrone, Georgia
Subject: RE: Just looking for somewhere to start....
Welcome Tim.  I am a 40 yr old male that once was in the Navy.  I used to dread the infamous PT run twice a year.  I now look forward to Saturday's and getting out for my long runs.  Start small and you will quickly be amazed when you head out for your 6 or 7 mile runs.  There is a ton of great info on here as well as training plans that will get you where you want to be. 
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Just looking for somewhere to start.... Rss Feed