Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Run
  • 00m
  • 3.11 miles
  •  min/mile
Post race
Event comments:

I skipped both of my training runs this week due to bad shin splints on my run last week... so this morning, I decided I would do a 5 mile run. I knew there was a group run nearby, so I decided to run with the group - I had never run with them before, but was told that if I ever wanted to, I was welcome as a TnT member. So, I showed up to the run at 6:35 for a 7:00 run (took me less time to get there than planned) The store owner comes out, and says that the run is cancelled due to the Boystown 5k race... so, I drove up to the race site - got there a bit after 7 for an 8am race.

I KNEW that I didn't want to push myself too hard (due to the shin splints) so, I TRIED to tell myself that it was "just a training run" But, I knew it was a race too... anyway, I did a nice 2 mile warm-up (no shin splints) and got to the race site at a perfect 7:45 - in time to stretch and go... but we didn't go... race started at 8:15 - just in time to have cooled WAY down... oh well...

Some announcements, and we were off... My first mile went well - I ran it with a woman who said she doesn't usually run, but we were running at the same pace - we ran it in 11:19 MUCH to her surprise - then she started walking, and I continued to run... I was feeling pretty good, and ran the 2nd mile a bit faster 10:56... I tried to run the 3rd mile even faster, but also felt myself bonking big time! I ended up having to walk twice... but kept pushing, because I KNEW I had a PR in me! 3rd mile 11:20... then I sprinted to the finish... I started to lose my breakfast right near the finish... so I said, "tell me when I can stop" They announced "Time: 34:23, you can stop now" YAY a PR!!!! (old PR 34:56 at my first 5k ever) then I went to the dirt, and puked (Is there a better way to say this?) I guess you can say I left it ALL on the course!

Not bad for a race that I hadn't planned on!

Last updated: 2010-08-30 12:00 AM
Running
00:00:00 | 03.11 miles |  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]