General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Silly race comments from the weekend Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-05-30 7:46 PM
in reply to: Swimbikeron

User image

Master
Sunbury, Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: Silly race comments from the weekend
Originally posted by Swimbikeron

Originally posted by Fastyellow

I always joke around on the course. My tri this last weekend had a 10 mile run. When I ran out of T2 I yelled to the two volunteers, "Only a 5K left now..."

The first guy laughed and the second guy freaked and yelled "NO....IT'S 10 MILES!"

I about fell over laughing. The guy was dead serious. His buddy walked over to him after I ran by probably to tell him I was joking. Smile

Ha! I like to occasionally run up to the aid stand with my hand out, yelling "Bud Light, Bud Light, Bud Light", "OK, water will do"

Bud light IS water man. I ask for scotch.

2013-05-30 9:14 PM
in reply to: Swimbikeron

User image

Extreme Veteran
Mendenhall, MS
Originally posted by Swimbikeron

Originally posted by Fastyellow

I always joke around on the course. My tri this last weekend had a 10 mile run. When I ran out of T2 I yelled to the two volunteers, "Only a 5K left now..."

The first guy laughed and the second guy freaked and yelled "NO....IT'S 10 MILES!"

I about fell over laughing. The guy was dead serious. His buddy walked over to him after I ran by probably to tell him I was joking. Smile

Ha! I like to occasionally run up to the aid stand with my hand out, yelling "Bud Light, Bud Light, Bud Light", "OK, water will do"

I did this at HIM New Orleans this year and the guy said no bud light, but i have miller high life.
sometimes you have to watch what you say.

2013-05-30 9:55 PM
in reply to: marmadaddy

User image

Regular
Originally posted by marmadaddy

My favorite was yelled at me last year during the run to T1 at a half iron: 
"The hard part's over!"

I smiled at her and yelled back:
"You've never done one of these have you?" 

I would agree with the person who yelled at you... I am not a confident swimmer though prolly mid to front of mid pack I think but just lack confidence...
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Silly race comments from the weekend Rss Feed  

of 2