General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Too young? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-08-31 1:12 PM

User image

Regular
cabot, Arkansas
Subject: Too young?
So my inlaws who watch my little girl during the day have been taking her for "walks" alot since the weather has been nice.  Yesterday, she tells me she wants to go outside and run.  So I put some shorts and my running shoes on and we take off.  She immediately takes off running at a pace I could jog slowly with.  She ran an entire mile, stopping for only a second to pet a glass rabbit in a neighbors yard.  Shes not even 2 and a half yet!!!  Is this normal?  Is it ok for her to run on a regular basis while shes still growing?  Im not going to push her to do it, but if she wants to, Id love it!!! 

2010-08-31 3:13 PM
in reply to: #3073919

User image

Regular
Toronto
Subject: RE: Too young?
It's always been my feeling that children have an innate sense of self-preservation, and they just don't deliberately do things that will hurt them. My son, when he was two, would walk/run for two hours every night after dinner - no stroller, just me, him and the dog. He ran, climbed rocks and walls, played at the playground, etc. and to this day he's a really healthy, strong and athletic kid. I think it's awesome that she wants to run - your modelling behaviour has really paid off. I wouldn't make a big deal about it (i.e. no pressure), but I sure wouldn't discourage it. I think it's awesome!
2010-09-06 10:30 AM
in reply to: #3073919

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Too young? Rss Feed