1379 Sports
80F / 27C
Overcast
Total Time = 17m 58s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

This was a 4 person relay where each person ran 2.44mi. Picked up my team members and headed down to the race. Got there about 530p for a 630p start. Just hung out and waited for the race to start.
Event warmup:

Nothing much. I got picked to run last so I waited til I was about to go before stretching and doing some small warmup runs.
Run
  • 17m 58s
  • 2.44 miles
  • 07m 22s  min/mile
Comments:

Outstanding run. I knew I started out fast (got to wear my new Brooks Launch shoes for the 2nd time ever) but I tried to keep that pace and think I did pretty well. Didn't have my Garmin to check myself and there were no mile markers so I had no way of knowing how I was doing. I just pushed hard the whole time. No one passed me at all and I passed about 8 people. Didn't get any water but my throat was crazy dry by the end.

The weather was great as we had a cool front come through and it was probably around 80 when I started my leg, around 8pm. Most of my run was in the dark so I couldn't see my watch (the backlight on it is broken). Only negative was I developed a big blister that broke open on my big toe. I felt it pretty early in the run but I wasn't going to let it slow me down.

My team ended up with a time of 1:25:44. They did great and we had a lot of fun.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing, best run I have ever had in a race!
Post race
Warm down:

Changed out of my shoes into flip flops due to the blister. Grabbed some water then headed into the beer corral for food and beer.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing.

Event comments:

Hadn't done this race in years but it was a lot of fun. Ended up starting 15min late which pushed us later racers into the dark but it made for a cooler run. After party was great with the food and beer. Would do it again for sure!

Last updated: 2010-08-30 12:00 AM
Running
00:17:58 | 02.44 miles | 07m 22s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: One big loop around Zilker Park
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5