General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New BIke Shop in Huntington/Sunset Beach Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-09-04 7:20 PM

User image

Master
Cypress, CA
Subject: New BIke Shop in Huntington/Sunset Beach

If you've ridden PCH through HB lately, you've probably seen the painted message "Bike Shop 1 mile" painted on the shoulder.  The shop is called Outspoken, and it's in the Peters Landing center just south of and on the same side of the highway as the Katin surf shop.

I've been in there a couple of times, and it seems like a really cool LBS.  Somewhat limited in brands and stock, but looks like they aim to cater to road, mountain and beach cruiser crowd.

The people there seem really cool and it looks like they're trying to be a very social and cyclist-friendly shop--they've got a couple of couches with TV, bike magazines & stuff, and the wrench area is basically in the open behind a bar with high stools.

They also put out refreshments for cyclists on Saturday mornings (maybe Sundays too, haven't been in on a Sunday).  Today for Labor Day weekend they had some yummy barbeque and cold drinks, plus Rock Band on the TV.

So if you're riding down that way, recommend you stop by and check it out. 

DISCLAIMER:  I have no affiliation with this business, I've just stopped in a couple of times.

2010-09-04 11:27 PM
in reply to: #3082399

User image

Extreme Veteran
Long Beach, CA
Subject: RE: New BIke Shop in Huntington/Sunset Beach
I saw it this morning on my ride.   Haven't stopped in, but they have one of the coolest shop names ever.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New BIke Shop in Huntington/Sunset Beach Rss Feed