Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2010-09-16 12:24 PM
in reply to: #3098848

User image

Expert
Portland
Subject: RE: Law School and Tri Training
I just want to point out that you must have a WONDERFUL husband who helps you out around the house and supports you like this!

Probably couldn't do it without DH

Edited by menglo 2010-09-16 12:24 PM

2010-09-16 12:37 PM
in reply to: #3102352

User image

Expert
Portland, OR
menglo - 2010-09-16 12:24 PM I just want to point out that you must have a WONDERFUL husband who helps you out around the house and supports you like this!

And if it wasn't for him landing his dream job so freaking far away, I would have at least 2 more hours a day to get things done because I wouldn't have to commute so darn far... hmmmm....

Get back to work, you wonderful dork! Tongue out

Edited by SoccerGK 2010-09-16 12:38 PM
2010-09-16 1:05 PM
in reply to: #3102080

User image

Expert
Portland, OR
E=H2O - 2010-09-16 11:10 AM

SoccerGK - 2010-09-16 7:07 AM Wow, thanks for all the responses everybody!  There's a lot of good stuff in here! 

Just a few things:  I'm already waking up at 5am, which is SUPER early considering I don't get home until 10pm, and then I often stay up 'til 11 to get some school work done.  I'm notorious for needing 8 hours of sleep, so the fact that I've been managing on 6, I'm pretty proud of that. 

My hubby gave me permission to buy one of those book stands for my bike so I can read and train.  Only problem is, since I type all my notes, I'm going to have to go back through and do that afterwards.  Maybe he can build me something to hold my laptop, too! 

Can't quit my job, like someone had suggested.  It's really tough to live off just my husband's income when you're trying to save up for the downpayment on a house and trying to support our bike habits.  Plus, I want a treadmill!  It's in the legal field, so it is worth my time anyway. 

The gym is supposed to open up at school in like a month, so I'm hoping then I can get some short workouts during my 45 minute lunch breaks on MW, so I'll only be able to get in like 3 miles, but I guess that's better than nothing.  So I'm thinking if I get those in on MW, maybe I can get bikes in Thursday night, since it's a relatively early night, and Friday after work.  Then the weekends I can get longer workouts in.  I don't know if that'll work though, but I have to try! 

Number ONE though is that if I get all my school work done on the weekends, then I can utilize every bit of free time during the week to workout.

Swims will just have to stay on hold for a while!

Thanks for all the ideas.  It's good to know there are others who have suffered through the same thing.  Sometimes I think I'm just crazy for trying to do it all!

I've decided that after reading your posts that I am a lazy slob not worthy of calling myself an athlete.

I just might as well call in sick, lay on the coach, have a pizza delivered and let them foreclose on my house.

I am in complete awe of what you are doing and that of a few of the others offering advice.

Haha!  Luckily, school is only a temporary thing so this lifestyle will end after I'm done.  I don't plan on doing this any longer than I have to.  Plus, minus the foreclosure part, the rest sounds great!  Wink
2010-09-16 1:17 PM
in reply to: #3102398

User image

Extreme Veteran
Wesley Chapel, Florida
SoccerGK - 2010-09-16 1:37 PM
menglo - 2010-09-16 12:24 PM I just want to point out that you must have a WONDERFUL husband who helps you out around the house and supports you like this!

And if it wasn't for him landing his dream job so freaking far away, I would have at least 2 more hours a day to get things done because I wouldn't have to commute so darn far... hmmmm....

Get back to work, you wonderful dork! Tongue out

Awwwww...get a room you crazy kids! Tongue out  JK,  It's great that you enjoy tri training together...
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Law School and Tri Training Rss Feed  

of 2