View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Kemah, Texas
United States
Total Time = 1h 03m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Ate usual oatmeal breakfast at home and headed out around 6:00am from the west side of Houston. Got to Kemah around 7:00 and picked up packet, then just walked around and waited.
Event warmup:

Jogged just a bit around the boardwalk area, waited in the long lines for the restrooms - thought it would be great not having to use porta-potties, but most of the restrooms had numerous stalls that were out of order, so waits were really long.
Run
  • 1h 03m
  • 6.2 kms
  • 10m 10s  min/km
Comments:

It was windy and pretty humid (as usual here) The bridge was a bit harder and seemed longer than I thought it would be! The first time up was no problem, second time was okay but the 3rd time I was really starting to hate that bridge!
Post race
Warm down:

Just found my husband and kids. Hung out and waited to cheer on the last finisher.

Fun venue of the Kemah Boradwalk, we planned on making a day out of it and staying at least through lunch, but it started raining just as they were doing awards, so we packed it up and headed home.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I didn't quite make my goal for time, my last 10K in the winter was 1:02, and I would have like to beat that. But it much cooler and no hill to go up 4 times!

Event comments:

Fun race, it was its 3rd year and I think its grown a bit from last year. I think there was about 700 racers this year. There were only 2 aid stations on the course but you pass one of them multiple times because of the bridge loops, so it was fine. They had a mister to run through, lots of food at the end including ice cream. Great race swag - got a nice tech t-shirt, a choice of hat or socks and a Kemah Boardwalk backpack thing. Started on time and seemed well organized. Not a lot of spectators on the course but volunteers around the bridge cheering everyone on.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2010-09-17 12:00 AM
Running
01:03:00 | 06.2 kms | 10m 10s  min/km
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Course: 10K, two times up and back over the Kemah/Seabrook bridge - so 4 ups and 4 downs
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?