General Discussion Race Reports! » Mack Cycle Key Biscayne Triathlon Trilogy #3 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Mack Cycle Key Biscayne Triathlon Trilogy #3 - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Key Biscayne, Florida
United States
MultiRace / Publix FWW
90F / 32C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 08m 35s
Overall Rank = 143/509
Age Group = Female 45-49
Age Group Rank = 1/15
Pre-race routine:

Photobucket

The Trilogy#3 was other great Event organized for the well known people of

Photobucket

And it's part of the Mack Cycle Key Biscayne Triathlon Trilogy Series...one of the most tough, competitive and challenging Sprints here in South Florida...

Event that took place at Crandon Park, Key Biscayne, FL last Aug. 15th holding for first time an International Distance beside the Sprint Triathlon and Duathlon all at the same time with 113 thriathletes for the International Distance, 509 thriathletes for the Sprint and 86 Duathletes...for a total of 708 participants...

Friday Aug.13th:
Went to Miami to picl-up Race Packages at Mack Cycle...Buddy got Bid# 139 / silver cap...and...for me...Bid# 140 / pinky cap...awwwwwww...!!!
beside our goodies and a nice hat...

Trilogy#3 2010 Trilogy#3 2010

After that went for Carbo Load to our favorite Pizza place "Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza"

Saturday Aug.14th: Madatory Day Off for us...Woke-up late and had our usual Saturday full breakfast: OJ, eggs, toasted bagel with cream cheese, slices of turkey, salame and brie on top, and coffee w/milk...Yummmmmy...

Washed/waxed/lubed/tuned bike....changed wheels for Race Wheels....put Bid#s on bike, helmet and belt...and...prepared/packed all my Race Stuff and beverages for Race...

Had an early dinner...terakey roastbeef, baked potatoes and green salad...Hummmmmm...!!!!

Loaded bikes and Tri-bags into the SUV...and...went to bed early at 8 pm to watch some TV...till 9 pm...when...Buddy joined me and did fall sleep....ZZZZZzzzzz

Sunday Aug.15th: Woke-up at 4:10 am...Got dressed...took Mariah our dog out...and...took our usual Pre-Race breakfast: OJ for both, waffle with PB and coffee for Buddy and for me...my Soy Protein Shake (chocolate)...

Did our bodymarking by ourself...and...took our coolers with beverages and left from home around 4:45 am...

Got at Crandon Park...in Key Biscayne around 5:40...parked car...took bikes, Tri-bags, and coolers and headed directly to Transition Area...

Got my timing chip...and...put it very tigh on my left ankle...just in case...I have the reputation of losing timing chips...LOL

Went back to Transition...and...did set-up all my Race stuff like usual:
Helmet over seat, a green towel in front on my bike...and...over my biking/running shoes...and...over my biking shoes my sunglasses...my belt with Bid# inside my hat wrapped next to my running shoes with a bottle of frozen water...

Fill my Speedfil with ice/water...checked gears, tires and cyclocomputer...

Placed Tri-bag and cooler out of the rack area next to the fence...and...sat over my cooler...relaxed...closed eyes...and...did my final visualization of the Race...took 2 Hammer Gels, 2 Endurolytes with water and a mix of Cytomax / AminoVital...

Took swimming cap, googles and wax ear-plugs and headed to the beach to the Swim Area...

It was a gorgeous morning...NO winds...only a nice breeze...and...the ocean was flat...the perfect day to race...

Trilogy#3 2010Trilogy#3 2010
Event warmup:

At the Swimming Area...jumped into the water after some arms and legs stretchings...Swam maybe 100 mts and went back to shore...and...met with Buddy and with some of our tri-friends till the Race started with the International Distance in a mass start in time...at 6:55 am...then the Duathlon in mass at 7:00 am...and...after 5 minutes...the Sprint Distance started...with the 1st Wave (Pro/Elites and Physical Challenge)...after 2 minutes the rest of the Waves...every 4 minutes...there were in total 9 Waves...Buddy was in the Wave#4 (Male 40-44, Male 55+) at 7:15 am and...me...Wave#7 (Female 35+) at 7:27 am...

Swim
  • 07m 41s
  • 400 meters
  • 01m 55s / 100 meters
Comments:

2010 Trilogy Swim Course

Trilogy#3 2010

Lined with all the women at shore...when the horn went off...ran and jumped into the water...and...swam the best I could reaching the 1st bouy with the leaders...the fast swimmers...WooooHooooo...rounded the bouy...and...kept behind a fast swimmer drafting till the Swim Exit...OMG...It was my best and fast swimming in this Course...

Just when my fingers touched sand...I got up and ran as fast as possible to the Swim Exit Arch...at the same time...removing googles, swimming cap and wax ear-plugs and put them inisde the cap...

Trilogy#3 2010 Trilogy#3 2010 Trilogy#3 2010
What would you do differently?:

Continue with my trainings...I know that I have improved a lot...
Transition 1
  • 03m 5s
Comments:

It was a fast transition as usual...even...I was the 2nd fastest in my AG / 15...and...64th Overall / 509

It was a long run from the Swim Exit to Transition...around 1/4 mile run...and...over soft white sand...Yikes...!!!

Just inside Transition...put sunglasses/ helmet...biking shoes...and..took bike...and ran as fast as possible out of Transition to the mount area...

Practice and practice...
Bike
  • 30m 45s
  • 10 miles
  • 19.51 mile/hr
Comments:

2010 Trilogy Bike Course

Just in the mount area...jumped into my bike and took off...cranking very fast...passing a lot of people...

We had for first time the perfect condition to ride...NO winds...I was smocking...got at the Rickenbacker Bride...first climb fast and without problem....

Trilogy#3 2010

At the top...the beautiful view of the City of Miami...

Trilogy#3 2010

Downbridge...very fast...in betwwen 38 to 40 mph....Yahooooooooooo...!!! til the U-turn...and...second climb...back to Transition...

Trilogy#3 2010

Got at the desmount area...and...did it like usual...like the Pro/Elites but keeping shoes on...and...jumped off the bike and ran fast inside to Transition....

Continue with my trainings....
Transition 2
  • 00m 59s
Comments:

Other fast transition...even...I was the 3rd fastest in my AG / 15...and...89th Overall / 509...

Racked bike...changed shoes...removed helmet...took hat and my bottle of water and ran fast out of Transition....

Practice and practice...
Run
  • 26m 6s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 08m 25s  min/mile
Comments:

2010 Trilogy Run Course

By the time of the run...the temps were in between 90o and 95o...the sun was burning...OMG...It was a very hot run...

Just out of Transition running not too fast and not too slow...with a constante pace...put my belt with Bid# and hat...drank some water...and...tossed some over my head and neck...

It was not my best run here in this Course...the heat really hit me...If you check careful the pics...my face was already red like a tomatoe...I felt like I was running in slow motion...but...I try to do my best and kept it up...even the brutal heat....Ufffff...!!!

Trilogy#3 2010 Trilogy#3 2010 Trilogy#3 2010 Trilogy#3 2010

And here some pics taken for Chewie Louis or Louis Blanco (RWTF)...

Trilogy#3 2010 Trilogy#3 2010 Trilogy#3 2010

And here more pics taken for other tri-friend...approching to the Finish Line...

At the mile 2.50 I decided to sprint till the Finish Line....I only wanted to finish...Yikes...!!!

Trilogy#3 2010

Continue with my trainings....
Post race
Warm down:

Just when I passed the Finish Line...a volunteer gave to me a bottle of water and other one removed my timing chip from my left ankle...and...went directly to the Kid Water Fun Area...the favorite place of the triathletes to refresh....Nice...!!!

Trilogy#3 2010

Met with Buddy and went to Transition Area to collect/packs all our Race Stuff...and...took them with the bikes to the car...

Here a view of Transition from my rack area:

And here our rack area...if you check very careful in the caos of bike...you can see the Bid# 140...

Trilogy#3 2010

Checked Results...finding...I got 1st place in my AG...WooooHoooo!!!

Total Time: 1h 08m 35s

Age Group Female 45-49: 1st / 15 women

Female Overall: 19th / 139 women

Oberall: 143 / 509 triathletes

Here...the Award Ceremony...

And the Award...

Trilogy#3 2010

What limited your ability to perform faster:

The brutal heat in the Run Course...for the rest...was perfect...my best swimming and bike performance in this Trilogy Course....

Event comments:

Excellent Event as usual...very well organized...on time...lots of volunteers...plenty of water stations...and...great Post-Race food and activities....

Last updated: 2010-05-03 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:07:41 | 400 meters | 01m 55s / 100meters
Age Group: 5/15
Overall: 259/509
Performance: Good
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 85F / 29C Current:
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Good
Waves: Good Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 03:05
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Yes
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:30:45 | 10 miles | 19.51 mile/hr
Age Group: 2/15
Overall: 160/509
Wind: Some
Course:
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:59
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:26:06 | 03.1 miles | 08m 25s  min/mile
Age Group: 1/15
Overall: 164/509
Performance: Below average
Course:
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2010-09-21 1:45 PM

User image

Master
The Redlands, FL
Subject: Mack Cycle Key Biscayne Triathlon Trilogy #3
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Mack Cycle Key Biscayne Triathlon Trilogy #3 Rss Feed