General Discussion Race Reports! » Miami Beach Classic Triathlon & Duathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Miami Beach Classic Triathlon & Duathlon - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Miami Beach, Florida
United States
MultiRace / Publix FWW
85F / 29C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 57m 47s
Overall Rank = 126/296
Age Group = Female 45-49
Age Group Rank = 1/8
Pre-race routine:

The Miami Beach Classic Triathlon was other great Event organized for the well known people from South Florida...

Photobucket and Photobucket

Event that took place on world famous South Beach, last Sept.5th...exactly on Lummus Park...holding a Classic Distance Triathlon and Duathlon at the same time...1/2 mile Ocean Swim...followed by a 2 Loop...18 miles Bike Course across the McArthur Causeway with beautiful views of cruise ships and mansions...and...the Race finished with a 4 miles escenic out and back run on the Miami Beach Walkway along the beach...with 296 triathletes and 77 duathletes participants...

Friday Sept.3rd:
Went to Miami to pick-up our Race Packages at Mack Cycle...
Buddy got the Bid# 10 / ligh blue cap...and...for me...Bid#11 / pinky cap...again....awwwwwwwww....Yikes!!!

Beside our Bid#s and the usual bag full of goodies...we received a nice high tech t-shirt...

Miami Beach Classic Triathlon - Sept.2010

Went for Carbo Load to Red Lobster...and...both ordered Shrimp Linguini Alfredo with the house salad...Yummmmy...!!!

Friday Sept.4th:
Woke-up late...nice...!!!
Took our usual Saurday full breakfast: Orange Juice, eggs, bacon with toasted bagels w/cream cheese, slices of turkey and salame, and brie on top, coffee w/milk...Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy!!!
And Off Course...our packages of Multi-Vitamins and Minerals, Amino 1500, Glucosamine and CO Q-10

Wiped/waxed/lubed/tuned bike....changed wheels for Race Wheels...prepared/packed all my Race Stuff...and...beverages for Race...

Got early dinner...roast lamb with potatoes sauted in onions...very Yummmmmmy...!!!

Loaded bikes and Transition Bags into the SUV...and...went to bed at 8 pm to watch some TV till 9 pm when Buddy joined me and did fall sleep...ZZZZZzzzzz

Sunday Sept.5th:
Woke-up at 4:00 am...Got dressed...Took Mariah our dog out...Took our usual Pre-Race breakfast: OJ, my Super-Soy Protein Shake...and...for my Buddy...OJ, waffle with PB and coffee...and...our packages of Multi-Vitamins and Minerals, Amino 1500, Glucosamine and CO Q-10.

Did our bodymarking by ourself to save time...

Took our coolers with beverages and leave from home around 4:30 am...On our way to Miami Beach...I ate a banana with some Cytomax and water...
It took us around 50 minutes to get to South Beach...and...what got our attention was the heavy traffic of people leaving after a rough night partying on the Discos...Wuaoooo...!!!!

Parked car and took our bikes, bags and coolers and went directly to the Race Area to get our timing chips and to Transition to get a good spot in our rack area...

Did set up all my stuff like usual: Helmet over seat, a green towel in front on my bike...and...over my biking/running shoes...and...over my biking shoes my sunglasses...my belt with Bid# inside my hat wrapped next to my running shoes with a bottle of frozen water...

Fill my Speedfil with ice/water...checked gears, tires and cyclocomputer...

Placed Tri-bag and cooler out of the rack area next to the fence...and...sat over my cooler...relaxed...closed eyes...and...did my final visualization of the Race...took 2 Hammer Gels, 2 Endurolytes with water and Cytomax...
Event warmup:

Took swimming cap, googles and wax ear-plugs and headed to the Swim Area...It was a long walk/jog to the Swim Sart...but...nice warm-up before jumped into the water...

It was a gorgeous morning...the Hurricane Earl left behind a nice present for us...a flat Ocean...the water was crystal...amazing...It was a little breezy but very nice...

Miami Beach Classic Triathlon - Sept.2010 Miami Beach Classic Triathlon - Sept.2010 Miami Beach Classic Triathlon - Sept.2010

Swam maybe 100 mts and came back to shore to wait till the Race started...in time as usual at 6:58 am with the Wave #1 (Male & Female Pro-Elites and Physical Challenge)...then at 7:00 am the Duathlon in mass...and...the rest of the Waves every 5 minutes...there were in total 9 Waves...

My Buddy was in the Wave# 4 (Male 40-44, Male 55+) at 7:10 and I was in the Wave# 7 (Female 35+) at 7:25 am
Swim
  • 25m 6s
  • 1120 meters
  • 02m 14s / 100 meters
Comments:

The swimming was longer according with everybody times and Garmins...exactly...0.69 mile...1120 mts. Apparently the life guards screwed up when they placed the bouys too far from shore...the lenght was correct according with the Organizers...

It was a great swimming without inconvenients...smooth...I really took it easy...but...with a very constante stroke...passing people...and..trying to draft...We had to swim alnog 5 orange bouys...and...when I got on the last one...I took advantage of the small waves...to get to the Swim Exit fast...

Just when my fingers touched sand...I got up and ran as fast as possible to the Swim Exit Arch...at the same time...removing googles, swimming cap and wax ear-plugs and put them inisde the cap...

Miami Beach Classic Triathlon - Sept.2010 Miami Beach Classic Triathlon - Sept.2010
What would you do differently?:

Continue with my trainings...
Transition 1
  • 01m 54s
Comments:

A fast transition as usual...the fastest in my AG / 8 women...and...48th Overall / 296

It was a short run from the Swim Exit to Transition...but...over a very soft sand beach...

Ran very fast passing a lot of people...put sunglasses/ helmet...biking shoes...and..took bike...and ran as fast as possible out of Transition to the mount area...

Practice and practice...
Bike
  • 54m 58s
  • 18 miles
  • 19.65 mile/hr
Comments:

By the time we got on our bikes...the winds were picking up a little but nothing to worry or affect us...

The Bike Course was 2 Laps...2 bridges in the Course...one middle size and other a big one...8 total climbs...Ufffff...!!!

Just out of Transition at the mount area...jumped on my bike...and...cranked as fast I could....passing tons of people...

Leaving South Beach area...started climbing with a medium size bridge to merge the McArthur Causeway...got at the top fast...and...a fast down bridge....Yahooooooooooooooooooo....!!!

Then a flat but very rough section till the second and big bridge...got at the top without problem...and...other fast downbridge taking an exit...Yahooooooo...!!!

Down we had to do an U-turn under the Causeway...and...merge again to the McArthur to go back to South Beach... and...to start the 2 Lap...and...repeat the bridge climbs...Yikes...!!!

Here in the U-turn in South Beach...to start the 2 Lap...

Miami Beach Classic Triathlon - Sept.2010 Miami Beach Classic Triathlon - Sept.2010

After the 2nd Lap...got at the desmount area...and...I did it like usual...like the Pro/Elites but keeping shoes on...and...jumped off the bike and ran fast inside to Transition....

Here in my way to Transition...

Continue with my trainings
Transition 2
  • 00m 44s
Comments:

Other fast transition...but...when I got to my rack area...I found that somebody placed a bike in my spot and not space for my bike....Grrrrrrr....had to push all the bikes to open space...

Even the circunstances...I was the fastest in my AG / 8 women...and...53rd Overall / 296...

Practice...and....practice...
Next time that I find a bike on my spot...will take it and tossed out of Transition...(J/K) LOL
Run
  • 35m 6s
  • 4.16 miles
  • 08m 26s  min/mile
Comments:

It was a nice 4 miles out and back run on the Miami Beach Walkway along the beach...but...too hot...OMG...the heat really hit me...in special the last mile...where...we had to run over a soft and compact sand beach section till the Finish Line...Yikes...!!!

Just an half mile to the Finish Line...it's when I decided to sprint...Yikes...!!!!

A little dissapointed with my running time...but...that's Ok...sometimes happen...

Continue with my tranings...
Post race
Warm down:

Just when I passed the Finish Line...a volunteer gave to me a bottle of water and I took other one to toss over my head and other one removed my timing chip from my left ankle...and...other one gave to me the Finisher Medal...a very pretty medal...

And outside the Finish Line Area...other volunteers were giving bottles of Muscle Milk...took the chocolate one....Yummmmmmmy and great recovery drink...love it...!!!

Wait for Buddy till he got to the Finish Line and went to Transition Area to collect/packs all our Race Stuff...and...took them with the bikes to the car...

Checked Results...I got 1st in my AG...WooooHoooo...!!!

Total Time: 1h 57m 47s

Age Group Female 45-49: 1st / 8 women
We were 9 but one woman from our AG was awarded 3rd Female Master Overall

Female Overall: 19th / 63 women

Overall: 126th / 296

Here in the Award Ceremony...

Here the Award and the Finisher Medal...

And here with some of my tri-friends on top of the Podium...LOL

And here the 3 Power Girls...LOL We were having a great fun time...Celebrating...WooooHooo...!!!

And here with "Chop"...a very cute dog...

What limited your ability to perform faster:

The brutal heat during the run...

Event comments:

Excellent Event as usual...very well organized...on time...lots of volunteers...plenty of water stations...and...great Post-Race food and activities....

Last updated: 2010-05-03 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:25:06 | 1120 meters | 02m 14s / 100meters
Age Group: 4/8
Overall: 197/296
Performance: Good
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 80F / 27C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Good
Waves: Good Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 01:54
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Yes
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:54:58 | 18 miles | 19.65 mile/hr
Age Group: 1/8
Overall: 151/296
Wind: Some
Course:
Road: Rough Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:44
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:35:06 | 04.16 miles | 08m 26s  min/mile
Age Group: 1/8
Overall: 102/296
Performance: Below average
Course:
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2010-09-23 1:58 PM

User image

Master
The Redlands, FL
Subject: Miami Beach Classic Triathlon & Duathlon
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Miami Beach Classic Triathlon & Duathlon Rss Feed