General Discussion Race Reports! » Mack Cycle Key Biscayne Triathlon Bonus Round Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Mack Cycle Key Biscayne Triathlon Bonus Round - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Key Biscayne, Florida
United States
MultiRace / Publix FWW
80F / 27C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 12m 51s
Overall Rank = 134/479
Age Group = Female Master O
Age Group Rank = 3/3
Pre-race routine:

Photobucket Trilogy Bonus Round

The Trilogy Bonus Round was other great Event organized for the well known people of

Photobucket

And it's part of the Mack Cycle Key Biscayne Triathlon Trilogy Series...one of the most tough, competitive and challenging Sprints here in South Florida...

Event that took place at Crandon Park, Key Biscayne, FL last Sept. 19th holding an International Distance beside the Sprint Triathlon and Duathlon all at the same time with 93 thriathletes for the International Distance, 479 thriathletes for the Sprint and 85 Duathletes...for a total of 657 participants...

Friday Sept.17th:
Went to Miami to picl-up our Race Packages at Mack Cycle...Buddy got Bid# 283 / gold cap...and...for me...Bid# 284 / orange cap...Yeahhhh....other color beside the Ughhhhh pinky cap...!!! LOL

Beside our goodie bag...We got a nice high tech t-shirt...but...Buddy got a green t-shirt instead in yellow...

Photobucket Photobucket

After that We went to one of our favorite Italian Restaurant in South-Miami...the "Di Napoli"...for a full lunch/dinner Carbo Load...Buddy ordered the Seafood Special (clams, shrimps, mussels & squid in marinara sauce over pasta) and I ordered the Snapper Francese (fillet of snapper dipped in egg & sauteed in white wine & lemon, served with Linguini Garlic & Oil...with the house salad...a very Yummmmmmmmmy Birthday Dinner...!!! We were celebrating for second time my Birhday....Yes...!!!!

Saturday Sept.18th: Madatory Day Off for us...Woke-up late and had our usual Saturday full breakfast: OJ, eggs, toasted bagel with cream cheese, slices of turkey, salame and brie on top, and coffee w/milk...Yummmmmy...!!!
And Off Course...our packages of Multi-Vitamins and Minerals, Amino 1500, Glucosamine and CO Q-10.

Washed/waxed/lubed/tuned bike....changed wheels for Race Wheels....put Bid#s on bike, helmet and belt...and...prepared/packed all my Race Stuff and beverages for Race...

Had an early dinner...grilled steak with steams veggies...Hummmmmm...!!!!

Loaded bikes and Tri-bags into the SUV...and...went to bed early at 8 pm to watch some TV...till 9 pm...when...Buddy joined me and did fall sleep....ZZZZZzzzzz

Sunday Aug.19th: Woke-up at 4:10 am...Got dressed...took Mariah our dog out...and...took our usual Pre-Race breakfast: OJ for both, waffle with PB and coffee for Buddy and for me...my Soy Protein Shake (chocolate)...and...our packages of of Multi-Vitamins and Minerals, Amino 1500, Glucosamine and CO Q-10.

Did our bodymarking by ourself...put my LIN Socks tattoo in my left shoulder...and...took our coolers with beverages and left from home around 4:40 am...on our way to Key Biscayne...ate a banana with some water and Cytomax...

Also in our way to Key Biscayne...It was raining and was very windy...but when we got there...NO more rain...but...It was super-windy...and....We knew that we would have a tough OWS and bike...Yikes...!!!\

Got at Crandon Park, Key Biscayne around 5:45...parked car...took bikes, Tri-bags, and coolers and headed directly to Transition Area...to get a good spot in our rack area...BTW...got the first one...Yes...!!!

Got my timing chip...and...put it very tigh on my left ankle...just in case...I have the reputation of losing timing chips...LOL

Went back to Transition...and...did set-up all my Race stuff like usual:
Helmet over seat, a green towel in front on my bike...and...over my biking/running shoes...and...over my biking shoes my sunglasses...my belt with Bid# inside my hat wrapped next to my running shoes with a bottle of frozen water...

Fill my Speedfil with ice/water...checked gears, tires and cyclocomputer...

Placed Tri-bag and cooler out of the rack area but next to my bike cuz was the first one...no blocking the way...and...sat over my cooler...relaxed...closed eyes...and...did my final visualization of the Race...took 2 Hammer Gels, 2 Endurolytes with water and a mix of Cytomax / AminoVital...

Took swimming cap, googles and wax ear-plugs and headed to the beach to the Swim Area...

It was a gorgoeus morning...but...We could feel the strong winds and the ocean was very choppy...

Here...the beautiful sunrise...before the Race...

Photobucket Photobucket

And Here a view of the ocean...

Photobucket Photobucket
Event warmup:

At the Swimming Area...jumped into the water after some arms and legs stretchings...Swam maybe 100 mts and went back to shore...and...met with Buddy and with some of our tri-friends till the Race started with the International Distance in a mass start in time...at 6:55 am...then the Duathlon in mass at 7:00 am...and...after 5 minutes...the Sprint Distance started...with the 1st Wave (Pro/Elites and Physical Challenge)...after 2 minutes the rest of the Waves...every 4 minutes...there were in total 9 Waves...Buddy was in the Wave#4 (Male 40-44, Male 55+) at 7:15 am and...me...Wave#7 (Female 35+) at 7:27 am...
Swim
  • 11m 9s
  • 400 meters
  • 02m 45s / 100 meters
Comments:

2010 Trilogy Swim Course

Just when the horn went off....I ran and jumped into the water very fast reaching 1st bouy fast but with some difficults...some punchs and kicks...against the waves...and...just when I rounded it....started the chaos...people struggling....stopping on my way....Grrrrrr....in between all those people and dealing with the strong current and waves....made me lost a very valuable time...Yikes...!!!
I felt very strong during the entire swimming...but...unfortunate was my worst time in this Swim Course...well...for everybody...Duhh...It was a very rough OWS...!!!

Just when my fingers touched sand...I got up and ran as fast as possible to the Swim Exit Arch...at the same time...removing googles, swimming cap and wax ear-plugs and put them inisde the cap...

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

What would you do differently?:

Continue with my trainings...
Transition 1
  • 03m 12s
Comments:

It was a fast transition as usual...I was the fastest in my AG / 15 women....and...62nd Overall / 479

It was a long 1/4 mile run from the Swim Exit to Transition...over soft white beach sand...Yikes...!!! But I kept it up passing a lot of people....

Just inside Transition...put sunglasses/ helmet...biking shoes...and..took bike...and ran as fast as possible out of Transition to the mount area...

Practice and practice...
Bike
  • 32m 48s
  • 10 miles
  • 18.29 mile/hr
Comments:

2010 Trilogy Bike Course

Just in the mount area...jumped into my bike and took off...cranking the best I could...ONG...It was too windy...and...the crosswinds was giving me a hard time...in many occasions...bands of strong rosswinds almost wiped me out...but...I kept it up...passing a lot of people....
Got at the top of the famous Rickenbacker Bridge...and...I alwasy enjoy the view from this point even in tough condition....Love it...!!!

Photobucket

It was a fast downbridge...Yahooooooooooooooo...!!! Got at the U-turn...and...back to climb the bridge again...and back to Transition...but...against strong headwinds and crosswinds...Yikes...!!!

When I got at the top of the bridge...I knew that I would have some problems going downbridge with the storng crosswinds...a little scary...Yikes...but...I have a good control of the bike...holding very well the handle bar...the same at the Bear Cut bridge....where You usually can feel more the strong crosswinds...BTW...at this point...they almost wiped me out again...Scary...!!!

Here at the top of the Rickecnbacker Bridge on my way back to Transition...

Photobucket Photobucket

But just when we passed the Marina at the curve...it was nice to feel the tailwinds...smocking till Transition...

Got at the desmount area...and...did it like usual...like the Pro/Elites but keeping shoes on...and...jumped off the bike and ran fast inside to Transition....

Continmue with my trainings in windy conditions I know they have helped me to get used with and stronger...

I know I could do it better but the conditions were tough...
Transition 2
  • 00m 55s
Comments:

Other fast transition...I was 3rd fastest in my AG / 15...and...71st Overall / 479...not bad...!!!

Racked bike...changed shoes...removed helmet...took hat and my bottle of water and ran fast out of Transition....

Practice and practice...
Run
  • 24m 48s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 08m  min/mile
Comments:

2010 Trilogy Run Course

Just out of Transition running not too fast and not too slow...with a constante pace...put my belt with Bid# and hat...drank some water...and...tossed some over my head and neck...

I was feeling very strong after the bike...that...I started to increase speed passing a lot of people...at this point I only knew that my best grifriend Julie that is the fastest in the bike in our AG was in front of me but not for too long...just after the u-turn at the mile 0.5 I reached and passed her...and...I knew that I was leading...and...started to push more and more...I was feeling great and fresh...and...I think the weather helped a lot...cuz...it was not too hot...very windy...dry air...and...low humidity...Yes...!!!

Photobucket

Just when I got at the last water station at the mile 2...I sprinted till the Finish Line passing a lot of people...and...it was nice to hear in teh crowd...people cheering..."GO Velo GO"...NIce...!!!

Here at the Finish Line...

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Continue with my trainings....Very happy cuz my running is coming back to my usual fast pace...
Post race
Warm down:

Just when I passed the Finish Line...a volunteer gave to me a bottle of water and other one removed my timing chip from my left ankle...and...went directly to the Kid Water Fun Area...the favorite place of the triathletes to refresh....Nice...!!!

Met with Buddy and went to Transition Area to collect/packs all our Race Stuff...and...took them with the bikes to the car...

Here with my best girlfriend Julie in Transition...

Trilogy Bonus Round

And Buddy...

Trilogy Bonus Round

Checked Results...finding...I was 1st in my AG / 15...but...3rd Feamale Master Overall...WooooHoooo!!!

Total Time: 1h 12m 51s My worst time in this Course...Yikes...!!!

I was awarded 3rd Female Master Overall / 3

Female Overall: 17th / 145 women

Oberall: 134th / 479 triathletes

Also this Race suppose it would help us to drop the worst Race of the Trilogy Series and help others to qualify for the Award Series...

After raced the all Series...I got 1st in my AG...Award that will take place next Oct.17th....WoooooHoooooo...!!!!

Here the Award Ceremony...

Trilogy Bonus Round

And the Award...

Photobucket

What limited your ability to perform faster:

The tough OWS and gusty winds in the Bike Ourse...

Event comments:

Excellent Event as usual...very well organized...on time...lots of volunteers...plenty of water stations...and...great Post-Race food and activities....

Last updated: 2010-05-03 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:11:09 | 400 meters | 02m 45s / 100meters
Age Group: 3/3
Overall: 240/479
Performance: Below average
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 80F / 27C Current: High
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Good
Waves: Good Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 03:12
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Yes
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:32:48 | 10 miles | 18.29 mile/hr
Age Group: 2/3
Overall: 168/479
Performance: Below average
Wind: Strong with gusts
Course:
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:55
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:24:48 | 03.1 miles | 08m  min/mile
Age Group: 3/3
Overall: 123/479
Performance: Good
Course:
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2010-09-24 4:13 PM

User image

Master
The Redlands, FL
Subject: Mack Cycle Key Biscayne Triathlon Bonus Round
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Mack Cycle Key Biscayne Triathlon Bonus Round Rss Feed