Newport Beach, California
United States
Sunny
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Many things went wrong the day before: hubby's truck broke down, because of this spent the night at my parents house. Kids were uneasy sleeping at my parents house, woke up a couple of times during the night. Which lead to lack of sleep.
Event warmup:

DH woke up late, which forced me to rapidly change my plans last minute. No breakfast, little water. Potty area was not easy to find, no signs as to where anything was, until you were right on top of what it was you were looking for.

I heard the gun sound and DH was still putting on his shorts & bib #. Then ran about 1/4 mi to the start line. LOL

Run
  • 00m
  • 0 miles
  •  min/mile
Comments:

Found my rhythm at mile 2. Stopped once for cramping, and once for exploding HR (191+).

Was a self timed race. I forgot to turn on my HR monitor until I was about 1/2 mile into the race. DOH!
What would you do differently?:

Take a nerdy fuel belt with me.
Post race
Warm down:

They would not let me stretch next to the Fire Department truck. Got a knot in my calf muscle that I needed to stretch out after my run.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Weaving in and out of people walking/stopping.

& my fatty fat body is still slowing me down.

Event comments:

The lane for runners disappeared 1/4 of the mile into the race. Walkers did not stick to the right. Horrible parking guidance causing more traffic/congestion. Two waves one at 7:30am and another at 9:30am for the 5k should have been divided into at least 6 wave to help congestion on the course. Or maybe set the runners out first.

Last updated: 2010-09-26 12:00 AM
Running
00:00:00 | 00 miles |  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Some gentle grades, nothing difficult. Some parts of the course were around a circle. If you were on the outside, you were running more (like me).
Course: Did some interval training trying to catch up with family near the front of the pack. Ran a bit...answered phone tried to locate friends and family....ran a little more...called family "where are you?"...ran some more. Did a lot of weaving around slower peeps.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers?