Premier Event Management
78F / 26C
Precipitation
Total Time = 5h 29m 28s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = F 30-34
Age Group Rank = 52/165
Pre-race routine:

Woke at 5am; got ready and left for transition at 5:45am. Set transition up and walked to swim start.
Event warmup:

Stretched while I waited for my wave to go off.
Swim
  • 31m 6s
  • 1910 meters
  • 01m 38s / 100 meters
Comments:

Swim was good, started off a little rough. Couldn't get my breathing right and kept swimming off course. Once I settled in to a rhythm at around 1/2m, I was able to go faster and not drift off course as much. My breathing had calmed by then also.
What would you do differently?:

I think my breathing had to do with nerves and the cold water. Not sure that I would have been able to change that much.
Transition 1
  • 04m 10s
Comments:

Used the wetsuit strippers to help with removing the suit. That definitely helped. The run was a little longer than I am used to but not that bad. I was not rushing but felt like I was able to comfortably get through the transition without too much fumbling with equipment. Did not forget to put on my race belt like some others.

I think I did the best I could.
Bike
  • 3h 00m 2s
  • 56 miles
  • 18.66 mile/hr
Comments:

Bike course was great. Loved the rolling hills, nothing too hard but enough to get you out of the saddle a time or two. Rain but a little bit of a damper on the speed down some of the declines but overall didn't affect my race too much.

I wished I hadn't had to stop for a restroom break in the middle of the bike. Lost probably 4-5 min since there was only one portalet at the second bottle exchange and it was in use when I got there.
Transition 2
  • 02m 19s
Comments:

Had a good transition. Glad I kept my bike shoes on instead of leaving them on the bike. The entrance to transition was very muddy and that would have lead to very nasty feet to put running shoes on.

Had a good time, not sure there would be anything to make it better.
Run
  • 1h 51m 51s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 08m 32s  min/mile
Comments:

Run was very good. Finally stopped raining when I started running. Got to see my hubby during my first lap and his last lap. Drank water/gatorade at majority of the aid stations and used the iced sponges to keep cool. Was starting to get hot towards the end of the race as the rain had stopped and the sun was starting to come out and the temp was going up.

I don't think I could have run any faster and still finish without walking.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around, drank lots of water/gatorade/diet coke.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

The rain limited me from going faster on the bike but I think it helped me to be able to run a better HM because I wasn't exhausted coming off the bike.

Event comments:

There were many good things about the race. I loved the course and the volunteers and spectators were wonderful. There were also a few disappointing things about the race. The expo was a little disappointing as only Ironman had products displayed. The line for registration was extremely long on Sat and they only had 4 people working the line. The swag bags only came with one little Gatorade bottle and a few ads for discounts at local eateries in Augusta.

Last updated: 2010-02-10 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:31:06 | 1910 meters | 01m 38s / 100meters
Age Group: 81/165
Overall: 1629/
Performance: Average
Suit: Xterra Vortex Wetsuit
Course: 1.2m swim downstream in Savannah River. Point to Point swim, very nice current to help your time.
Start type: Deep Water Plus: Waves
Water temp: 74F / 23C Current: Low
200M Perf. Below average Remainder: Average
Breathing: Average Drafting: Below average
Waves: Navigation: Average
Rounding:
T1
Time: 04:10
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
No
Wetsuit stuck? No Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed:
Biking
03:00:02 | 56 miles | 18.66 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/165
Overall: 0/
Ate 1/2 energy smoothy bar and 1 1/2 packs of shot bloks
Wind: Some
Course: Started in Augusta and went straight over the river into South Carolina for the majority of the bike portion. Very nice course with rolling hills. through rural area.
Road: Rough Wet Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 02:19
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
01:51:51 | 13.1 miles | 08m 32s  min/mile
Age Group: 48/165
Overall: 1064/
Ate 1 1/2 packs of shot bloks (1/2 at mile 3, 1/2 at mile 7, and 1/2 at mile 10).
Course: Very flat 2 loop course through downtown Augusta. Lots of spectators and aid stations. Really liked the course.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? No
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2010-09-28 8:18 PM

User image

New user

Subject: Ironman 70.3 Augusta

2010-09-28 8:45 PM
in reply to: #3122868

User image

Champion
marietta
Subject: RE: Ironman 70.3 Augusta
that's a great run!  yeah, the rain throttled back the bike which set up a really good run.  congrats on an awesome race! 
2010-09-29 11:12 AM
in reply to: #3122868

User image

Regular
Lakeland, FL
Subject: RE: Ironman 70.3 Augusta
I'm so proud of you, babe! You rocked it and finished strong! And looked good doing it
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Ironman 70.3 Augusta Rss Feed