Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 5

2010-11-08 3:01 PM
in reply to: #3200725

User image

Expert
Auburn AL
Subject: RE: IM Florida Registration
Stood in the volunteer line for my registration, but DONE!  1st timer, but ready to get on with it.  Heck, just watching a full ironman made me tired saturday

2010-11-10 10:15 PM
in reply to: #3145624

User image

Veteran
Columbus, IN
I'm in for 2011!!  I volunteered working the finish line from 9-midnight....that was a blast!! 
This will be my 2nd...oooops wait...it will be my 3rd!!  I did Louisville this year and signed up again!!  So I will be doing IMKY2011 then IMFL2011...what was I thinking????  LOL 
2010-11-11 10:46 AM
in reply to: #3145624

I know I am late to the party here on this thread, but volunteering is the way to go.

1)  You get to scope out the course a year in advance.
2)  You get to talk to fellow athletes who just competed the day before when  you are standing in line to register the next morning.
3)  You can pretty much volunteer wherever you want on the course, so you can see what is going on during the race.
4)  If you are not part of the late night finish line crew, the last few hours at the finish line are great, and crazy! 
5)  You usually meet new people that live near you, and you will see people that are participating in the event or are there to support someone racing that you know.

In my mind, all of these outweigh the additional cost of signing up online.  Some years you will have the opportunity to sign up online, and other years you won't.  I think with the economy the way it has been and the increased prices of the Ironman Circuit, it has been easier to sign up online, but it will not always be that way in the future... Triathlon is the hot sport right now, and it is only going to keep growing.  Just bite the bullet and show up!  Only if the trip becomes cost prohibitive would I not go a  year in advance to sign up.

Murtha...

http://jmurthatri.blogspot.com

IMCDA '09 Finisher
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IM Florida Registration Rss Feed  

of 5