General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Which of these bike components are the best having trouble comparing them :( Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-10-20 10:45 AM

New user

Subject: Which of these bike components are the best having trouble comparing them :(

Which one out of the three bike cranksets are better?

Cranksets
SRAM Rival 50/34
FSA gossamer pro(50/34
Vision Trimax 52/38t Aero Compact Crank set

also do the derailers impact perfomance for 20-40ks
Derailers
Shimano Dura Ace
SRAM Rival
Shimano Ultregra 6700

2010-10-20 11:11 AM
in reply to: #3162371

User image

Champion
Knoxville area
Subject: RE: Which of these bike components are the best having trouble comparing them :(
define "better." Stiffer? Lighter?
The rival and FSA are both compact's, I suppose the Vision could be considered one as well... although it's more of a standard crank size. Personally I'd rather have the rival, if for no other reason than the BB is (IMO) better made.

Your shifting performance will have more to do with how well you keep your bike tuned and what shifters you plan to run than the derailleur itself (stands for most modern derailleurs) so whichever one you and your purse like better.
2010-10-20 12:56 PM
in reply to: #3162463

New user

Subject: RE: Which of these bike components are the best having trouble comparing them :(
I'm really new with this whole bike seen and not sure how to put it in words by better i mean the one that is the best bang for the buck out of these cranksets there are 4 bikes im looking at the trek speed concept 7.2- specialized transition comp ( use the SRAM Rival)
Cervelo p2 use the FSA
Felt B14 is the Vision
Im leaning towards the speed concept kinda if you say the rival is better but I read an forum posting somewhere saying that the felt has better bang for the buck with the wheel set and components. just not sure and i believe shopping for a bike can be alot harder than for a car. also have you heard anything from the speed concept it seems like the new tech bike frame and stuff but there just isnt that much on it.
2010-10-20 2:08 PM
in reply to: #3162827

User image

Champion
Knoxville area
colar45 - 2010-10-20 1:56 PM I'm really new with this whole bike seen and not sure how to put it in words by better i mean the one that is the best bang for the buck out of these cranksets there are 4 bikes im looking at the trek speed concept 7.2- specialized transition comp ( use the SRAM Rival)
Cervelo p2 use the FSA
Felt B14 is the Vision
Im leaning towards the speed concept kinda if you say the rival is better but I read an forum posting somewhere saying that the felt has better bang for the buck with the wheel set and components. just not sure and i believe shopping for a bike can be alot harder than for a car. also have you heard anything from the speed concept it seems like the new tech bike frame and stuff but there just isnt that much on it.

DO NOT buy a bike based on the "kit" it comes with. Buy the bike based on which one fits you the best... those kits that come on the bikes you listed will all perform at a point of excellence that you won't be able to tell the difference.

Make sure your LBS helps you decide which bike fits you BEST... that's the one you want... regardless of the kit. Buying the wrong fit on a bike is like buying a Mazda miata if you are built like Shaq...
2010-10-20 2:25 PM
in reply to: #3163039

User image

Elite
Spring, TX
Leegoocrap - 2010-10-20 2:08 PM
colar45 - 2010-10-20 1:56 PM I'm really new with this whole bike seen and not sure how to put it in words by better i mean the one that is the best bang for the buck out of these cranksets there are 4 bikes im looking at the trek speed concept 7.2- specialized transition comp ( use the SRAM Rival)
Cervelo p2 use the FSA
Felt B14 is the Vision

DO NOT buy a bike based on the "kit" it comes with. Buy the bike based on which one fits you the best... those kits that come on the bikes you listed will all perform at a point of excellence that you won't be able to tell the difference.

Make sure your LBS helps you decide which bike fits you BEST... that's the one you want... regardless of the kit. Buying the wrong fit on a bike is like buying a Mazda miata if you are built like Shaq...

Pictures? 

On a serious note, ?Leegoocrap? ?i?s? ?d?e?a?d? ?o?n.???  Bu??y? ?w?h?a?t? ?f?i?t?s? ?a?n?d? ??I??????? ?d?o?n?'?t? ?t?h?i?n?k? ?y?o?u?'?l?l? ?n?t?o?i?c?e? ?a? ?d?i?f?f?e?r?e?n?c?e? ?o?n? ?t?h?e? ?r?e?s?t? ?o?f? ?t?h?e? ?s?t?u?f?f??!
2010-10-20 2:40 PM
in reply to: #3162371

New user

Thanks for the help thats what i needed to help with understanding the components appreciate it a lot will try bikes out next month.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Which of these bike components are the best having trouble comparing them :( Rss Feed