Tucson Racing
60sF / 0C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 51m 45s
Overall Rank = 307/1215
Age Group = Ladies 25-29
Age Group Rank = 22/126
Pre-race routine:

Woke up to the alarm, took a shower, rolled out of the apartment with a cliff bar and a banana in hand. Drove the 34 minutes to the race. Thanks Mom and Dad for the GPS for my birthday - it worked great.
Event warmup:

Arrived and was able to get a spot in the $3 parking at Sawyer Point - sweet. Went and picked up my packet, headed back to the car and shed my sweats and found a place to hide my key. Walked quickly down to the bathrooms and then waited in line for 20 minutes - nice - NOT. Walked over to the starting area and moved in place to try and keep warm. Ran into CincyTodd and a one of his team members from Cincy Express, talked to them for a few.
Run
  • 1h 51m 45s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 08m 32s  min/mile
Comments:

The decision to do this race was predicated on the fact that I wasn't ready for racing season to be over. I completed a HIM two weeks ago and wasn't ready to let go of the high from that race so I figured why the heck not do this half marathon, I've got the fitness, why waste it? My goal was to make sure that I beat my time from the run at the HIM (2:10:25). The horn went off and we started moving toward the start line. The first three miles pretty much flew by, I hit mile 5 and the volunteers were calling out times - 41 minutes and change - wtf? I was booking it for me, I thought to myself for a minute that there was no way I could hold that pace, turns out I did. What?!?!?! I had no idea I was capable of holding that pace or completing this Half Mary in this amount of time - I was able to shave 18:00 off my time from Half Ironman and that course was every bit as flat as this Half Mary course was if not flattr, guess it makes a big difference when you don't have to bike and swim before it - I don't know, but whatever it was, I'm really excited about this time. My breathing was in check the whole time and it wasn't until that last mile that my legs started to get tired, I think that was more of a mental thing knowing I was so close to the finish then anything because that last mile seemed interminable. In any case who knew? I didn't!
What would you do differently?:

Nada Enchilada.
Post race
Warm down:

Finished and walked around for a couple of minutes before trying to get into the post race food and drink area. That was a nightmare, I pretty much just kind of cut in where I could. Grabbed some water and some gatorade and called it good. I didn't stick around as I needed to skidaddle to get home to my munchkin who was with a sitter. I will say that even now, 8 hours later, I'm still not hungry, or it's not so much that I'm not hungry but nothing sounds good. I've had a banana, half a glass of chocolate milk and a string cheese, still nothing sounds good.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

There wasn't anything...this was the fastest I've ever gone over that distance. I'm not sure I could have gone faster.

Event comments:

It was a good race except the expo area/finish area/post race food area was really crowded and hard to manuever through.

Last updated: 2010-10-20 12:00 AM
Running
01:51:45 | 13.1 miles | 08m 32s  min/mile
Age Group: 22/126
Overall: 307/1215
Performance: Good
Course: Flat and fast run through downtown Cinci and along the river. There was one short up hill but mostly everything was FLAT.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2010-10-23 5:47 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ohio
Subject: Cincinnati Half Marathon

2010-10-24 3:04 PM
in reply to: #3168756

User image

Expert
Alpharetta (until we find a home)
Subject: RE: Cincinnati Half Marathon
first sub six now this 1/2 mary time? when do you turn pro?
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Cincinnati Half Marathon Rss Feed