General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Where can I analyze my gait? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-10-26 3:07 AM

User image

New user
Subject: Where can I analyze my gait?
Hi again everyone, as I mentioned in another post I am going to be travelling to Las Vegas this week, something that I wanted to do was to buy a new pair of running shoes since prices in the US are a lot better than here in Spain.
What I would like to do since I have never done before is to analyze my gait, (the way I step) so that I can find the ones that fit me right. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find a store or center where I can get this done in Las Vegas area?

Thanks!

2010-10-26 9:54 AM
in reply to: #3172008

User image

Expert
Las Vegas, NV
Subject: RE: Where can I analyze my gait?

One of the best place to go to is Athletes Foot. They are located at "4712 W Sahara Ave #1, Las Vegas - (702) 565-5500". You can ask for James who is a Master Fit certified person. I have been fitted for a long time, and everytime, always get the best fit.

If you can, call and make a appointment. This appointment is about an hour long, NO COST, and he will get a computer generated foot pressure pad, and then have you try a bunch of shoes that will be modeled from the pressure points. Excellent. He will also watch you run outside with each pair of shoes you try and see how they affect your gait. Very well done, and great staff.

Hope this helps.

PS. Please tell him that Hans Sent you. See you around. (Are you in town to race the Silverman Triathlong?

2010-10-26 4:06 PM

User image

New user
Thank you very much!! I will definitely give them a call and try to get it all done so that I can get my new running shoes ASAP.
I will also let him know that you sent me.

I am not sure when Silverman is, my return flight is on November 4th, next Thursday that is so unless it is this next weekend I am a "no go", but if everything goes right on this trip I should be moving there sometime soon (before the end of the year) and you can bet that we will be doing a bunch of tri´s in the area next season!

Once again, thanks a lot for your help, you are awesome!!
2010-10-26 4:32 PM
in reply to: #3173651

User image

Expert
Las Vegas, NV
I've also used the Red Rock Running Company near Buffalo and Cheyenne. They perform the slo-mo treadmill filming and analysis as well.

Of course you could just look into barefoot / minimalist running and stop wearing a boot / arch support / etc / etc.

That said, I believe the Sahara Athlete's foot is the only store in town that carries Newton's, at least when I was shopping for them in the Spring.
2010-10-29 11:27 PM

User image

New user

Ok, so I did go to see James, I told him you sent me and he had a good smile on his face, sur he liked it.
I must say the guy was awesome, took his time to explain everything to me and tested a ot of running shoes and then more until I found some that fit really comfortably, I can´t wait to go out and try them they are the Brooks Glycerin 8, will let you all know how they go.

Where is there a good park or route to run= I would like to do +- 6 miles tomorrow.

Thanks again, you pointed me in the right direction, I really appreciate it.

2010-10-30 10:17 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Las Vegas
We have places all over the vegas valley.  Mostly it depends on where you are staying.  Henderson area has the Lake Mead area, and the West has the Red Rock area.  Both are well traveled with lots of runners, and cyclists.

As for the Silverman Tri, it is next Sunday (7th) and registration was closed on 10/20.  It is Las Vegas's version of Iron Man and billed as one of the toughest courses in the US.

If you are around on Wednesday, the Red Rock Running store also has a group run on Wednesdays at 5:30 pm.

2011-10-08 5:09 PM

New user

Las Vegas, NV

Does anyone know where James is working now?  I want to get a gait analysis here in Vegas and the recommendations in this thread make it seem like he is the guy to do it.

Thanks!

Bill

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Where can I analyze my gait? Rss Feed