General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Saturday 11/13 open water swim clinic Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-11-09 11:04 AM

User image

Expert
Subject: Saturday 11/13 open water swim clinic
Not sure if anyone would be interested in this, but my coach is having a swim clinic for some last minute OWS practice. He'll be on a kayak and we are starting at Butcher Jones Cove at 8am.  For those of you in Tempe, I have 3 extra seats in my car if you'd like to carpool.  I have an annual tonto pass.  I will probably be biking ~40 miles afterward.

This Saturday, November 13th, will be the last clinic of the year and is a swim clinic only.  The clinic is geared towards those doing Ironman the following weekend but all may attend.  After a brief discussion about open water swimming techniques the group will do a 2.4 mile "out and back" swim.  There will be an alternate route for those not ready to swim 2.4 miles.  The clinic will be at Butcher Jones Cove and will begin at 8AM.  Bring your wetsuits as the water temperature is in the high 60's.  I will have the kayak and a GPS unit to measure the accurate distance.  The clinic should last no more than two hours.  Some of you have a bike scheduled for that day.  You may do the ride after the clinic around the lake or on the Beeline.  The clinic is free for all monthly clients and $20 for everyone else.  Don't forget to buy a Tonto Parking Pass at any service station around the lake.

Edited by elliot85 2010-11-09 11:05 AM

2010-11-09 2:42 PM
in reply to: #3202750

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Saturday 11/13 open water swim clinic
Man...I wish I could go but I'll be stuffing race packets for IMAZ at 9am. All the good stuff happens at the same time. Hopefully people will be up for doing some OWS stuff in Feb and Mar before Red Rock's HIM in early April. I need to spend some time in the water in preparation for that.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Saturday 11/13 open water swim clinic Rss Feed