General Discussion Race Reports! » Chickamauga Battlefield Marathon & Half Marathon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Chickamauga Battlefield Marathon & Half Marathon - RunHalf Marathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia
United States
Chattanooga Track Club
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Run
  • 1h 46m 16s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 08m 07s  min/mile
Comments:

I ran my last half marathon in February of this year so it had been several months since I raced this distance. However, my weekly training includes runs of this length so I felt like I was coming into the race well prepared. The weather was perfect with a morning low of approx. 40 degrees. The marathon and half marathon racers start together, so 1500 runners started as the civil war cannon was fired. The first mile was slow due the large mass of runners trying to jockey for position. My goal was to finish in 1:45 minutes so I knew the first mile was well below the pace needed to meet my race goal. I felt strong from the beginning and was enjoying the beautiful autumn morning in the park. I pretty much clicked off 8 minute miles from mile 2 thru 7. I had wanted to be at 7.5 miles at one hour, my Garmin read 7.4, pretty close considering the slow start. The next several miles I was able to pretty much stay on pace and had some pretty strong miles for me, passing alot of people along the way. With one mile left I knew I was going to have to run a pretty strong finishing mile to make my goal. I didnt leave anything on the course and sprinted to a finishing time of 1:46:16, just off my goal time but it was a PR for me, finishing 62nd out of 611 and winning 2nd place in my age group. It was an excellent race in a beautiful setting, doesnt get any better than this one!
Post race

Last updated: 2010-11-14 12:00 AM
Running
01:46:16 | 13.1 miles | 08m 07s  min/mile
Age Group: 2/
Overall: 62/
Performance: Good
Course: Race is held inside the Chickamauga Battlefield National Military Park. Beautiful setting for a race.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2010-11-14 3:02 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tennessee
Subject: Chickamauga Battlefield Marathon & Half Marathon

2010-11-15 8:19 PM
in reply to: #3210358

User image

Expert
, North Carolina
Subject: RE: Chickamauga Battlefield Marathon & Half Marathon

WOW... congrats on the 2nd AG!

Well done!!!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Chickamauga Battlefield Marathon & Half Marathon Rss Feed